Fob not working after a battery disconnect by ceedy

ceedy
Just that .. battery off this morning , now fob will not working the car.
Changed fob battery just in case ..plus a battery off again ,
also tried a 4 clicks resync .
Still no good .

My other ( ex raistlin) remote wired into the BCU (Body Control Unit) still works it all ok .

Along with the KEY in lock ( boring) .. all will open and shut and superlock .with the windows

But not the remote ?

HELP!!!! :-D
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 24 Mar 2012, 13:23 #1 

Mad-Monkey
It might need a kick with the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System), I'm not sure what causes it but sometimes it just gets scrambled on the BCU. Try popping the key in the ignition and doing the unlock 4 times to sync. I know you've done it once.

Posted 24 Mar 2012, 15:26 #2 

ceedy
Well it seem it needed a much longer discconnect , left it for about 3-4 hours this time.

This time when I reconnected the earth, there was a tiny spark ( as usual) the previous times there was no spark ! :confused:

But its all back again. car now responds to the fob :clap:

Now to wait for another day to find out why my light leveling has stopped ??..

take care All .
Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 24 Mar 2012, 22:43 #3