Fitting reversing sensors to a caravan by PaulT

PaulT
Thinking of doing this and seen this kit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CISBO-WIRELES ... 1e87f30a40

Now they mention fitting a relay when the vehicle has the CAN (Bus Controller Area Network)-BUS. So would the coil of the relay be powered by the wire to the reversing light or would this cause a problem and it need a separate switch to turn the reversing sensors on that is independent of the light?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 21 Apr 2014, 09:47 #1 

ceedy
I've got a set of non standard no wifi Sensors wired straight into the reversing light, no relay , been like it for years , never had any problems nor interference with the bulb sensing circuit , actually don't think the reversing lights are on the sensing circuit ?

C.
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 21 Apr 2014, 14:02 #2 

Duncan
On the 75, no the reverse lights are not sensed. Driven by the gearbox switch on a manual, or a relay from the auto gearbox selector.

Posted 21 Apr 2014, 21:17 #3 

PaulT
Thank you both for the replies so an easy job to install on my aluminium clad, wooden framed portable accommodation unit - try turning that in to 'shed' :lol:
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 22 Apr 2014, 07:27 #4 

Duncan
Funny, you know. Ours is fibreglass clad. So for the first time, the auto correct is almost right for ours.

Posted 23 Apr 2014, 19:00 #5 

Trebor
Yes but calling it a shed is a step too far , all we need is 100,000 signatures on a petition then we might get it changed
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 25 Apr 2014, 06:31 #6