Fitting cruise to a CDTi. by James.uk (Page 2 of 2)

James.uk
Basically the retro cruise works as follows. :- The dash on/off is as norm. The "set" button on the wheel is also as per normal. The "resume" turns the icon on the dash on. It also turns the cruise off, that's it.. But ----

As the foot peddle isn't physically-actually connected to anything, when the cruise is operating the peddle is pushed up by the spring, so when you "take over" again you have to shove the pedal down till it "catches up" with the speed you are doing.. I have also found that increasing speed when the cruise is on by pressing the peddle, does NOT disconnect it! If I take my foot off again the car returns to its set cruise speed. :confused: Touching the brake peddle immediately disconnects the cruise control..

That is how it is working at the moment, and that's how it will stay now as it is not worth risking a reset via a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System).. :)

My thanks to all of you who helped me get it sorted and working.. :thumbsup: :clap: :D

Posted 25 Jul 2010, 16:54 #21 

Duncan
James.uk wrote:Basically the retro cruise works as follows. :- The dash on/off is as norm. The "set" button on the wheel is also as per normal. The "resume" turns the icon on the dash on. It also turns the cruise off, that's it.. But ----

As the foot peddle isn't physically-actually connected to anything, when the cruise is operating the peddle is pushed up by the spring, so when you "take over" again you have to shove the pedal down till it "catches up" with the speed you are doing.. I have also found that increasing speed when the cruise is on by pressing the peddle, does NOT disconnect it! If I take my foot off again the car returns to its set cruise speed. :confused: Touching the brake peddle immediately disconnects the cruise control..

That is how it is working at the moment, and that's how it will stay now as it is not worth risking a reset via a T4.. :)

My thanks to all of you who helped me get it sorted and working.. :thumbsup: :clap: :D

It's quite normal for cruise throttle pedal operation to be as you describe. Only clutch or brake pedals disengage (or a wheel mounted control). Throttle overrides it, but when you release it goes back to set speed.

Posted 25 Jul 2010, 19:25 #22