Fitted bedroom suppliers? by Bernard

Bernard
Mrs L wants a new bedroom with sliding door wardrobes.

Has anyone had experience of the multitude of suppliers that there appear to be?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 17:41 #1 

JohnDotCom
Can't comment on others but we had Sharps do the main bedroom to her indoors specification.
Can't complain at service or quality, but best to wait for their sales as can be expensive otherwise.
http://www.sharps.co.uk/
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 18:03 #2 

raistlin
JohnDotCom wrote:Can't comment on others but we had Sharps do the main bedroom to her indoors specification.
Can't complain at service or quality, but best to wait for their sales as can be expensive otherwise.
http://www.sharps.co.uk/

Oddly enough, we had precisely the opposite experience with Sharps. The salesman was so negative that in the end he lost a good sale because nothing we wanted was 'doable', they only seemed to want perfectly rectangular areas, there was 'too much space' here and 'not enough space' there and the number of times we heard a sharp intake of breath followed by "You can't do that" became somewhat tedious.

It was as if you had to change the shape of the bedroom to fit in with Sharps fittings. Sorry, but I cannot recommend them at all based upon our dealings with them.

Oh, and apparently, any commission worth less than £6000 ( this was 10 years ago) wasn't worth the salesman paying a visit.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 18:29 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Many years ago, when Sharps were in their infancy, I was engaged by a couple, they were Sharps reps, to install a kitchen for them. They did not trust the Sharps fitters. Not surprising when told how much they paid them.

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 18:37 #4