First unread post by zojosc

zojosc
When I go to a thread,instead of reading the whole thread again I click the "first unread post" tab and it then takes me to the home page?
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 17 May 2011, 10:04 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Well spotted, I'll get Simon to look into it.

Posted 17 May 2011, 10:11 #2 

zojosc
Mick wrote:Well spotted, I'll get Simon to look into it.

Cheers Mick
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 17 May 2011, 10:15 #3 

SpongeBob
Well spotted Andy :hail:

Now fixed :)

Posted 17 May 2011, 17:55 #4 

zojosc
SpongeBob wrote:Well spotted Andy :hail:

Now fixed :)

No it's not! It now just goes back to the first original post?
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 18 May 2011, 13:57 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Are you sure? For example, in this topic clicking first unread post, scrolls to the last post made, as it is the first unread. We'll keep testing and see what occurs in other topics.

Posted 18 May 2011, 14:03 #6 

zojosc
Yes I'm sure, it just blinks and then goes back to the first post.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 18 May 2011, 14:15 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Can you give us a bit more to go on. Which browser are you using? Simon will have a butchers this evening if he has time.
I'm using Safari and FireFox on a Mac without this issue now.

Posted 18 May 2011, 14:38 #8 

zojosc
Browser is Internet Explorer on Windows if this is any help. Not the end of the world if it doesnt work for me though.
Thanks Mick
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 18 May 2011, 14:51 #9 

SpongeBob
Assuming all the page elements have loaded and you're viewing a topic with sufficient posts to cause your browser window to scroll vertically then there is nothing I can see that goes against conventional browser behaviour. i.e. Internet Explorer and every other browser should behave the same and "jump" your viewport (the bit of the webpage visible in your browser window) to the new post where the new post ought to appear towards or at the top of said viewport.

I'm confused if your not seeing this behaviour :confused: Do you have another browser to try just for the sake of eliminating IE from the equation?

Posted 18 May 2011, 18:13 #10 

zojosc
Simon

Sorry to seem a moaning pain, I have tried the site through Google Chrome and it works fine. Surely this can't just be me. :confused:

If no one else is getting the problem just ignore it, life's too short mate!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 18 May 2011, 21:11 #11 

SpongeBob
You're not being a pain so don't worry! :) I'll keep an eye out for any other occurrences of the problem nevertheless just in case your not alone in this! ;)

Posted 18 May 2011, 21:14 #12 

JohnDotCom
No problem with IE8 & IE9 just clicking on thread title takes you to first unread post to automatically.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 May 2011, 22:45 #13