Firefox, not fully loading page? by Rammie


User avatar
Rammie
I am using Firefox as my browser and lately when I enter the forum the progress line on the page loading doesn't seem to fully load? :confused:

Would you knw if this is a problem with Firefox or at your end? :confused:

It always used to work fine and is just a little annoying :angry:

Cheers

Web page.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Image
Brian

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 18:37 #1 

User avatar
Mick
(Site Admin)
Is this now a consistent fault?
We were having a minor issue with the W3C server (icons bottom right) this seems to be fixed now. That would show as page still loading even though the forum would be fully loaded.

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 18:58 #2 


al_dente
From the text on the status bar in the bottom left, the google ads aren't loading for you.

I can also see you've got no ads showing - they should be on the left of the page below the 'follow us Facebook' link.

Not a big issue for you I reckon Brian, but will be more of a concern for those who run the forum because they'll be missing out on potential ad revenue.

Have you got an adblocker running perhaps?

Cheers

Al

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 19:27 #3 

User avatar
Rammie
Mick wrote:Is this now a consistent fault?
We were having a minor issue with the W3C server (icons bottom right) this seems to be fixed now. That would show as page still loading even though the forum would be fully loaded.


That's about it Mick. Fully loaded but still loading?

Only been like it over the last week. It's fine on IE8 but don't like that one ;)
Image
Brian

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 19:32 #4 

User avatar
Rammie
al_dente wrote:From the text on the status bar in the bottom left, the google ads aren't loading for you.

I can also see you've got no ads showing - they should be on the left of the page below the 'follow us Facebook' link.

Not a big issue for you I reckon Brian, but will be more of a concern for those who run the forum because they'll be missing out on potential ad revenue.

Have you got an adblocker running perhaps?

Cheers

Al


H Al,

Your right, I can live without the ad's ;)
No adblocker running either so not sure why it's misbehaving :hissyfit:

Cheers

Brian
Image
Brian

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 19:36 #5 

User avatar
Mick
(Site Admin)
No problems with FF on Mac.

Looks to me like a problem with Java or Java Script.

Is anybody else having any problems with FF on Windoze?

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 19:45 #6 

User avatar
Rammie
Mick wrote:No problems with FF on Mac.

Looks to me like a problem with Java or Java Script.

Is anybody else having any problems with FF on Windoze?


Only seems to be on the forum, other sites load fine, if thats any help?
Image
Brian

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 20:04 #7 

User avatar
SpongeBob
From the picture in your first post it would appear the delay is with the Google ad services themselves. Have you always experienced this problem or is it just tonight?

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 20:17 #8 

User avatar
Rammie
SpongeBob wrote:From the picture in your first post it would appear the delay is with the Google ad services themselves. Have you always experienced this problem or is it just tonight?


Hi Simon, no, it's been like this for about a week.
It also doesn't return me to the thread either, I'm pretty sure it used to. :cheers:
Image
Brian

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 20:26 #9 

User avatar
SpongeBob
By the words "not returning me to the thread" do you mean:- Once you've posted a reply to a topic you are not automatically redirected back to the topic in which you just posted?

Again, looking at your screen shot above - you have two tabs open for the Community. Take a look at your settings in FireFox and double check some things for me. Make sure any settings resembling "Always open links in new tabs" is turned off and any ad-blocking software is disabled. Please check you have enabled Javascript to run and that you have allowed cookies (from trusted sites - we only have cookies from this domain, we do not run third-party cookies on this site).

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 20:42 #10 

User avatar
Rammie
SpongeBob wrote:By the words "not returning me to the thread" do you mean:- Once you've posted a reply to a topic you are not automatically redirected back to the topic in which you just posted? Yeap!

Again, looking at your screen shot above - you have two tabs open for the Community. Take a look at your settings in FireFox and double check some things for me. Make sure any settings resembling "Always open links in new tabs" is turned off and any ad-blocking software is disabled. Please check you have enabled Javascript to run and that you have allowed cookies (from trusted sites - we only have cookies from this domain, we do not run third-party cookies on this site).


All checked and done!
Image
Brian

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 20:58 #11 

User avatar
SpongeBob
If the problem is still occurring despite your efforts outlined above then it it'll stem from the page not loading fully - as to why the page doesn't load completely then that is still a bit of a mystery :confused: For the moment, if we can give it 24 hours to eliminate any network traffic issues beyond either our or your control and then re-address the issue to see if anything has changed.

If not - and you are still experiencing problems - then we can look at other things, such as re-installing Firefox or looking at other things.

Hope that helps for now.

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 21:07 #12 

User avatar
Jürgen
Mick wrote:No problems with FF on Mac.

Looks to me like a problem with Java or Java Script.

Is anybody else having any problems with FF on Windoze?


I prefer Safari for this Community site (as the spell checker does work, contrary to Firefox :mrgreen: ), but my Firefox doesn't encounter any problems on this site. :confused:

For the records: Windows 7 x64, Firefox 3.6.10, Adblock Plus 1.2.2, NoScript 2.0.3.3
Jürgen

75ZT Community & Midlands Nano Meets & 75 & ZT Enthusiasts

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 23:28 #13 

User avatar
Rammie
SpongeBob wrote:If the problem is still occurring despite your efforts outlined above then it it'll stem from the page not loading fully - as to why the page doesn't load completely then that is still a bit of a mystery :confused: For the moment, if we can give it 24 hours to eliminate any network traffic issues beyond either our or your control and then re-address the issue to see if anything has changed.

If not - and you are still experiencing problems - then we can look at other things, such as re-installing Firefox or looking at other things.

Hope that helps for now.



Hi Simon,

PM sent.
Image
Brian

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 06:06 #14 

User avatar
Rammie
Just to say that I have sirted out the problem I had with FF.

I uninstalled it and re-installed again and, hey presto, it loads ok now. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all for your help and assistance.

:cheers:
Image
Brian

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 16:38 #15 

User avatar
kandyman
And now you have the double post problem ;)


Glad you got FF all sorted.
Image

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 17:51 #16 

User avatar
Rammie
Aarrgg!!!

Some people will do anything to increase their post count!! :gmc:
Image
Brian

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 17:54 #17 


Top