FIRE!.............. by DeuxGazoles

• Related topics: (no related topics)

DeuxGazoles
.....................terribly exciting, spraybooth ablaze, more news later
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 13:05 #1 

Bernard
DeuxGazoles wrote:.....................terribly exciting, spraybooth ablaze, more news later

Were you trying to heat up your pies again?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 14:50 #2 

DeuxGazoles
Picture the scene, we are in a workshop (old bus garage) attached to the rear of a Ford dealer & a BP petrol station, we share our workshop with an accident repair company.

Earlier the boss of the Ford garage came through the corridor to my office & said "Your workshop's on fire"

So I obviously went for a look first before I did the sensible thing & right enough there was a good old blaze going in the spraybooth so I then did the sensible thing & went outside & phoned the Fire Brigade who said "What's your problem?" I said "Well me cat's not stuck up a tree that's for certain"

Within 2 minutes they had 2 appliances on scene by which time you couldn't see for black smoke. They had the fire under control very quickly but obviously had to clear the whole building of smoke & make sure the fire was out. As the smoke began to clear we could see the extent of the damage beginning to emerge. The spraybooth is wrecked & there is a big hole in the roof above & everything else is blackened. The smoke made it's way through into the Ford garage & filled their workshop & drifted into the showroom.

Unfortunately my week off with full pay I was praying for never materialised & we are now fully operational again, if a little smelly, though the bodyshop are unable to do much.

So hats off to Northumberland Fire & Rescue for their efficiency at responding & dealing with the blaze WELL DONE LADS :hail:

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 14:53 #3 

DeuxGazoles
Bernard wrote:Were you trying to heat up your pies again?

Who me? no nowt to do with me :gmc:

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 14:54 #4 

Jürgen
Oh dear! :shock:
Good to hear that the fire brigade responded very quick and got it under control. I hope you won't have too much trouble cleaning up now Colin.

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 15:05 #5 

DeuxGazoles
I should imagine the bodyshop's insurance company will cover the clean up :confused: I certainly hope so or you can guess who'll get the job :panic:

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 15:13 #6 

starbug2
at least you are ok ,( we need you find more pies :stirer: ) and good that the fire men came quickly :hail:

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 16:21 #7 

takestock
You have all the fun :( :( :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 17:46 #8 

Cowley_MOA
An exciting day for all the wrong reasons :lol:

Colin earlier :D...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWTie3fgWSc
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 17:53 #9 

SpongeBob
Ooh err... sounds like a bit of a exciting and scary day. Good to hear everyone's okay. Kudos to fire and rescue teams as you say for their quick response. :thumbsup:

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 19:32 #10 

DeuxGazoles
Aye quite an entertaining day, they soon had us back to work though :roll:

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 19:41 #11 

JohnDotCom
Some people will try anything for a day off.....What caused it?..arson or accident. :o :ugeek: :gmc:

Glad no one hurt, that's the main thing.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 21:05 #12 

DeuxGazoles
You've got to try these things :gmc:
The Incident Commander reckoned it was electrical but dont know what the investigators found :confused: hopefully I hid the evidence quickly enough :lol:

Posted 30 Mar 2011, 07:02 #13