Figures just don't tally with story... by JohnDotCom

JohnDotCom
The Crime figures as many will know were released today,
the part I am finding strange is that Fraud has gone down between 9% to 11% to include Insurance fraud,
yet all the Insurance Companies have announced 20% increases in premiums due to..............

....increased Insurance Fraud.
Something doesn't sound right.
No surprises to any one I'm sure. :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 18:09 #1 

raistlin
If it wasn't for the fact that this forum is non-controversial, I might have an observation or two :evil:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 18:20 #2 

JohnDotCom
Didn't mean to start anything controversial just slightly got bemused by the statement earlier.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 18:45 #3 

Ragman
Do not, no don't, I said don't, no really do not - and I really mean you should not, in other words really not a good idea, to start me off on the topic of insurance companies

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 23:15 #4 

James.uk
Nothing wrong with a bit of controversy, we just need to keep it light hearted and friendly is all. :)

Erm, just as I did on another forum when I told them I thought their club badge was crap.. :D :lol:

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 23:49 #5 

MrB
There HAS been a rise in insurance fraud.....

by the insurance companies. :gmc:
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 08:09 #6 

Duncan
It's all interesting.

From what I've heard, there has been a big increase in certain kinds of fraud, insurance fraud being one of the big ones. The other one I've heard about is finance fraud.

But maybe (and I have no idea so am not trying to defend anything) overall fraud is down, but those particular ones are up.

Bottom line, I no longer believe very much of what I read in the media, as they misrepresent it. Sometimes to sell copy, but more often because they are plain ignorant of what the detail actually means.

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 20:58 #7