FBH warning. by James.uk

James.uk
For peeps who have, or are just getting, their FBH (Fuel burning heater.) to work, take a good look down by it's exhaust pipe to make sure no pipes are touching it.. My main air intake pipe was touching, but Jules tied it back for me, but I have also noticed that the lower pipe, (the one with the "O" rings) is also dangerously close to it, so I intend tying that one back asap... :shock: 8-)

Posted 07 Dec 2010, 02:38 #1 

shy talk
Could someone please tell me, how do I know when the fuel burning heater is working. Does it start working when the ignition is turned on,or when the engine is running. Or is there another way to check if the FBH is working. After a seventeen mile journey this morning, the car interior was still very cold. I parked my Rover 75, and returned fifty minutes later, I drove home (another seventeen miles) and the car was barely any warmer than when I set out. Thanks in anticipation, Bill :confused: BTW, the car is a Rover 75 club SE tourer 2002.

Posted 10 Dec 2010, 18:09 #2 

raistlin
shy talk wrote:Could someone please tell me, how do I know when the fuel burning heater is working. Does it start working when the ignition is turned on,or when the engine is running. Or is there another way to check if the FBH is working. After a seventeen mile journey this morning, the car interior was still very cold. I parked my Rover 75, and returned fifty minutes later, I drove home (another seventeen miles) and the car was barely any warmer than when I set out. Thanks in anticipation, Bill :confused: BTW, the car is a Rover 75 club SE tourer 2002.

In normal guise, it starts up when you start the engine if the temperature is less than 5 degrees Celsius. It throttles back and eventually stops as the coolant temperature rises.

VeeKay is up to temperature, according to the gauge, in 3/4 mile from a cold start at 0 degrees Celsius ambient.

Perhaps a silly question, but are you sure you have an FBH? :confused:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Dec 2010, 20:03 #3 

shy talk
Yes, I think I have an FBH. It is in front of the battery and has Webasto written on the side. Tomorrow I will take a photograph and try to post it on this website. Thankyou for your reply. Bill

Posted 10 Dec 2010, 22:23 #4 

raistlin
If it has a Webasto label then you definitely have one :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Dec 2010, 22:37 #5 

Bermudan 75
shy talk wrote:Yes, I think I have an FBH. It is in front of the battery and has Webasto written on the side. Tomorrow I will take a photograph and try to post it on this website. Thankyou for your reply. Bill

Hi Bill,

Hope you sort out your FBH issue, I see that you are in Skelmersdale, why not pop down to the Cheshire meet on the 3rd Sunday of January 2011.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 11:08 #6 

shy talk
Hi Mike,(Rover418275),will depend on the weather. If the weather is reasonably good, then we will be there, if the weather is not so good, then we will not be coming. Hopefully we will see you in January. Bye for now Bill :)

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 16:42 #7