FBH - running issues by theridler

• Related topics: (no related topics)

theridler
Hi, I've just noticed that my FBH (Fuel burning heater.) is running intermittently.
I have a later model unit which runs parking heater option and has the standard remote unit as well.
What happens is that it seems to start up OK, but after a while (maybe 10mins) it cuts out and then maybe starts up again. So say in the default 30 minute time of running it might go through 3 time periods of running. Any thoughts on what may cause it to cut out?
My only observations other than cutting out are that the unit hasn't (yet) tripped out on faults (i.e. 3 faults in a row?). The dosing pump seems to be ticking may be twice as often as it should once the unit has got through its initial feeding frenzy... When it cuts out there is a smell of fuel (but I would expect this if it has cutout?). Any thoughts from anyone??? Thanks for any input...
Regards John

Posted 22 Oct 2016, 11:50 #1 

sewerman
Hi John have you had a look at this http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=100297 might be of some use
Royal Blue Rover 75 CDT Tourer

Posted 22 Oct 2016, 18:39 #2 

theridler
Hi Scott have marked that page will use it as reference when I start serious fault finding. Thanks for the link ... also have a couple of links to French Mike posts on diags...

Posted 22 Oct 2016, 21:30 #3 

sewerman
Hope you get it sorted weather is getting colder !

Posted 22 Oct 2016, 21:49 #4 

theridler
I think its sorted... was trying to test run unit with my webasto t91 remote. What happened was normal. Unit is working fine and went through full 1/2 hour cycle this morning...

Posted 24 Oct 2016, 13:21 #5 

Jürgen
theridler wrote:Unit is working fine and went through full 1/2 hour cycle this morning...

Good to see that it's been sorted.

BTW now we know that there won't be a cold winter in your neck of the woods. ;)

Posted 24 Oct 2016, 16:01 #6 

sewerman
Good news now I need to sort as the new pcb means it now makes noises and ramps up after a few seconds but when i tested it the weekend white smoke from exhaust and didn't turn off straight away after disconnecting pin 3 , probably means it needs a good clean, will have to have a look when I get time.

Posted 24 Oct 2016, 16:10 #7 

Duncan
It shouldn't turn off straight away so thats good. White smoke is probably excess fuel from when its not been working.

Posted 24 Oct 2016, 20:52 #8 

sewerman
Thanks Duncan wasn't feeling too good the weekend so didn't stay outside long hopefully this one I can set it running for a while and see what happens.

Posted 24 Oct 2016, 21:24 #9