Fault Code Reader Question. by TimO

TimO
Afternoon All,
Does anyone know of a cheap fault code reader which will work with a 2002 75 CDTi :?: as the reader I have will only reads OBD (On Board Diagnostics) compliant diesels from 2004 onwards. Saying that, the service reset gissmo I purchased off e-bay works fine on my 75 :confused:

Regards

Tim :wales:

Posted 29 May 2010, 16:11 #1 

JohnDotCom
TimO wrote:Afternoon All,
Does anyone know of a cheap fault code reader which will work with a 2002 75 CDTi :?: as the reader I have will only reads OBD compliant diesels from 2004 onwards. Saying that, the service reset gissmo I purchased off e-bay works fine on my 75 :confused:

Regards

Not sure if mine does, its a U581, but you are more than welcome to borrow it to test if you like Tim.
PM me for phone number to arrange meet or pick up.
Its the one listed below.
View eBay item 120574711924
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 29 May 2010, 16:28 #2 

TimO
Cheers John,

That's the one i've got and it's great on my ZT, Bev's petrol ZR and the kids petrol ZS & TF.
I'll try it again when it stops raining, just in case I did something wrong.

I'll report back with my findings.

Cheers

Posted 29 May 2010, 16:51 #3 

raistlin
I have a U581. VeeKay is 2002 vintage and it has very limited capabilities.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 29 May 2010, 18:56 #4 

TimO
Tried my U581 and as Raistlin stated it has a very limited capibility. Never mind will keep looking.

Cheers

Posted 30 May 2010, 18:04 #5 

JohnDotCom
No point in trying mine then Tim,
Sorry you are having problems, have to pop up to Jules and use the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) he uses.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 May 2010, 18:05 #6 

TimO
Not got a problem now, but my engine malfunction light kept coming on when I slowed down. Problem was cured by tightening up the fuel filter clamp. I just wanted to see if an fault codes where logged.

Cheers

Posted 30 May 2010, 18:15 #7 

JohnDotCom
Yes there will be a code logged on for that,
but only the T4 sees it properly, the U581 etc doesn't see it, and clearing all codes on a third party unit doesn't clear them either I'm afraid.
You would be surprised by what is logged on the T4 and nothing shown at all on any third party code readers.
John

Posted 30 May 2010, 18:18 #8 

TimO
I think Jules uses Dave Evans (ex M & K) for the T4 work, so will give Jules a bell for Dave's number.

Cheers

Posted 30 May 2010, 18:22 #9