Facelift differences by PaulT

PaulT
Is there anything different on a facelift that should be checked when viewing?

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 22 Nov 2011, 09:02 #1 

Duncan
Underneath the skin they are pretty well identical as far as I can work out.

Posted 22 Nov 2011, 13:10 #2 

PaulT
Thanks Duncan.

Just been to look at one. It is on Auto Trader - Firefrost Red Connie SE with 47k on it.

Some dings and a scrape on the bodywork - is desribed as immaculate oh well. Did not have the message centre (which Duncan you have said yours has) and pained mirror caps. Do not have the spec brochure with me so cannot query that.

It has had 5 owners the last doing a thousand or so miles a year.

Took it for a test drive and it was far far noiser than my 01 with just 209k miles on it.

Also noticed that the leather on the steering wheel was very worn (perhpas someone had swapped it with their old one?).

Shame, do not think it is the one for me.

The other intersting thing was when I phoned yesterday was told 'we have had a lot of calls about this car'. Today was told I was the first person to phone!

Paul
Paul

Posted 22 Nov 2011, 14:23 #3 

JohnDotCom
Normal ploy to make you rush and see it.

There is plenty of decent ones out there so take your time and find yourself a cracker.
That one definitely didn't fit its description or SE spec?
Five owners with that miles don't quiet sound right to me, so always do a vehicle check before purchasing.
Not saying it has, but mileages on these cars can now be altered easily with correct equipment(check old MOTs)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 Nov 2011, 16:59 #4 

PaulT
John

The MOTs seemed to check it out as did the service records.

It has the memory seats and rear sensors. When the tailgate was opened the bodywork that would face the sides of the tailgate was not shiny and looked thin but could see no overspray on the rubber around the rear estate side window.

Would have done an HPI if I was contemplating purchasing.

It did not give me a good feel so have ruled it out. Shame really as if it is genuine could be a good buy.

The dealer had obtained it from a Kia dealer in the west country.

Shall keep my eye out for a good one.

Paul
Paul

Posted 22 Nov 2011, 20:08 #5