F O/S ABS sensor by moretvicar

moretvicar
Today in the glorious sunshine, I have at long last got around to replacing the front o/s abs sensor.
It was chewed up when I bought the car, so I have no idea whether it is the cause of no speedo but certainly hope so!
My question is, should there be an abs light on the dash on ignition?
There wasnt before and there isnt now.
Cant road test until tomorrow.
Car in bits at moment as I tackle intercooler o rings (they were actually larger than the outside dia of hose!), ERG thingy soaking in petrol, (could hardley see light through it) and fit the Gates in line stat.
Nick

Posted 14 Oct 2011, 15:41 #1 

takestock
Something is afoot there if you are not seeing an abs light at Ign on. Wouldn't be the first time doctor bodgitt had been about :(. you need to look in your IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German))
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Oct 2011, 15:58 #2 

Duncan
Yes the front OS would cause the speedo not to work.

As Dave says, there should be a warning light. Someone has been busy with the bodging stick, I suspect.

Posted 14 Oct 2011, 18:16 #3 

moretvicar
Bodging in what way - taking a bulb out you mean?

Posted 14 Oct 2011, 18:58 #4 

Duncan
Well no. They are not bulbs but LEDs soldered to the PCB (Printed Circuit Board). However they may have taken the pack apart and put some tape over the LED (Light Emitting Diode), or even removed the LED or cut a track. Let's hope not.

Fancy a trip North on Sunday? Wolverhampton can't be more than an hour from you.

Posted 14 Oct 2011, 19:11 #5 

moretvicar
Shouldn't everything be heading South this time of year? ;-)
Assuming all goes well well with the stat, EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) and intercooler o rings tomorrow - then a trip to Wolverhamton is indeed possible.

Posted 14 Oct 2011, 19:52 #6 

Duncan
Mmm. Mr Bodgitt had indeed been at the IPK! Tape over the airbag lamp, something horrible black and waxy over the ABS (Antilock Braking System) lamp, looked like underseal. The connector had been damaged so it wasn't properly home which is why the speedo kept coming and going (I hope), but there's still an unfixed problem with the RH seat airbag that is keeping the light on. At least it's now in a better state than it started!

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 17:31 #7 

takestock
moving in the right direction Mr D :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 17:34 #8