Expensive scrap of paper by raistlin

raistlin
I've just spent £235. It took me all of 10 seconds to do so from the comfort of my office desk. All I get in return (within five days) is a scrap of paper :(

VeeKay is worth it though :)

I was actually quite surprised that it was 'merely' £235 for another year's tax disc.

What I found harder to accept though, was diesel at £134.9 per litre this morning :evil: I think I'll be taking an active part if any fuel price protests are being organized.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Jan 2011, 14:03 #1 

starbug2
just got the tax bill for the MGF :panic: i've forgotten what being in the black is like as been in the red so long..... :gmc:
the cost of fuel is getting :censored: i understand that in euro land diesel is a lot cheaper than petrol as well as just cheaper over there........ :mad1:

Posted 07 Jan 2011, 15:49 #2 

JohnDotCom
The Diesel Prices in the UK is what is putting UK transport Companies in the Red and many going bust.
Foreign Drivers give cheaper quotes then UK companies, as they fill up abroad where it is much cheaper.
It's about time it was a level playing field in this and many other areas.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Jan 2011, 16:40 #3 

Jürgen
starbug2 wrote: i understand that in euro land diesel is a lot cheaper than petrol as well as just cheaper over there........ :mad1:

Yes, but only the fuel. The road tax is much more expensive for the diesel owners. So you have to drive many thousand miles, if you want to benefit from the cheaper fuel.

Posted 07 Jan 2011, 17:37 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
In real terms Diesel is only cheaper in Deutschland if you are a foreign visitor. So Stephen take a couple of gerry cans when you go :)

Posted 07 Jan 2011, 18:07 #5 

starbug2
Mick wrote:In real terms Diesel is only cheaper in Deutschland if you are a foreign visitor. So Stephen take a couple of gerry cans when you go :)

well i have a toura so maybe fill a water bed up with diesel in the back ;) :lol:

Posted 07 Jan 2011, 20:05 #6 

Samarkand
I was back to France for the last few days of 2010 and the 1st week of 2011. The petrol prices were outrageous (1.52 EUR/l) for the E98 and 1.48EUR/l for the E95-10. Since I did not want to take any chances with the E95-10, I had to use E98... Fortunately I only had to pay 30 Euros as I only did about 200 km this trip :confused:
Last summer, I paid 1.34 EUR/l in France and was considering it expensive.
In Egypt, we pay about 2 Egyptian Pounds per litre of 92 Octanes, which is about 0.30 Euros. Here, it's considered very expensive for the locals. No 98 Oct. available here and the 95 Oct, is very rare also. Most of the people use the 89 Octanes Petrol for the Korean and Chinese cars. The Government still maintains a subvention on the 89 OCt. Pertrol (for the masses) and LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) (for the taxis) but removed it on other fuels. Diesel is only for trucks and buses including small busses (7 seaters). No subs but no taxes either.
(Note: don't think it's a driving heaven here due to fuel prices. Cars above 1600cc engines are taxed 2 or 3 times their price for customs. As an example, a Jaguar XF V8 is around 150,000.00 Euros here while it's around 65,000 Euros average in France...). The roads are full of potholes and traffic jams are phenomenal). No sense of driving ethics also and dings and dents are a car's daily... Glad my car is still in France waiting for me :)
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 16 Jan 2011, 11:15 #7 

Colvert
Jürgen wrote:
starbug2 wrote: i understand that in euro land diesel is a lot cheaper than petrol as well as just cheaper over there........ :mad1:

Yes, but only the fuel. The road tax is much more expensive for the diesel owners. So you have to drive many thousand miles, if you want to benefit from the cheaper fuel.

I'm in EUROland ( France ) and there is NO ROADTAX !!! :scared:

Posted 19 Jan 2011, 16:47 #8 

Trebor
this thread got me thinking what do we reckon is the worlds most epensive scrap of paper ?

How about the deeds to Buck House as a start ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 22 Jan 2011, 20:59 #9