Exhaust Strap for 190 by Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
Well the strap that holds the back box has rusted through and the exhaust now reverberates right through the car. It kind of sounds like a V8 with a clunk :mrgreen: Anyways I need to get it fixed before I depart with my car. I thought I did a handy job on a new strap but I obviously haven't done it tight it enough as I still get a little reverb. Kwik fit will only replace the whole exhaust which is pointless as it is only the strap! Any ideas on how to get fixed properly? :)

Thanks

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 17:10 #1 

Hayes'ee
(Trader)
i had this not long ago. xpart supplied the bottom part of strap for about a tenner. at the time the top strap is on back order.. which bits gone?
Ian

www.khaostuning.co.uk
info@khaostuning.co.uk

ECU Remaps from £199 - Mobile service covering the entire North West.

NEW PREMISES OPENING SOON!!!!

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 18:18 #2 

Mad-Monkey
Hayes'ee wrote:i had this not long ago. xpart supplied the bottom part of strap for about a tenner. at the time the top strap is on back order.. which bits gone?

The botton part but its rusted solid to the top part! :shock: We couldn't get the bolts undone, so gently drilled and bolted a strap to what was left. Is the top part welded to the hook type rubber part or does it hook over. If its hooked over, mine is successfully rusted into one piece, I couldnt see how you would seperate it from the rubber.

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 18:55 #3 

Mad-Monkey
Quick update as I forgot! Managed to get a complete new strap from Rimmers, top and bottom. :) I left it to a garage to get the old one off, bolts were too rusted for me to get off!

Posted 23 Sep 2010, 12:01 #4