Excuse of the day by raistlin

raistlin
Parcel sent to me on Friday by DHL 24 hour service.

Still hasn't arrived today.

DHL customer service have a valid reason though:-

"It's the Christmas rush" :evil:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 20:58 #1 

SpongeBob
Two sides to this - yes its a busy time of year for all couriers and logistics firms as many retailers and industries are bulking up on orders or processing more items but at the same time those same logistics firms should realise this and put on more staff to cope with the increased demand.

A bit of a piss-poor excuse if you ask me...

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 21:36 #2 

Mad-Monkey
Better than HDN! Got a card through the post box, thought it had been left with a neighbour, oh no, they had left it up the side passage. How on earth did they get up there I thought... well they didnt, it was thrown, and left in the pouring rain! Muppets the lot of them!

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 21:39 #3 

Duncan
DHL Domestic has gone down the pan since they were sold out to.

wait for it.

HDN!

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 21:41 #4 

Mad-Monkey
Actually talking of DHL I rang to have a parcel re-delivered to work. They wouldnt do it as the work address was not the drivers area! Why advertise a service if they wont do it! It was only 2 miles away as well! They also left my Canon 20D at the airport once when I had shipped in many years ago, arrived at my address 2 days late! I avoid DHL where possible and any business that uses HDN.

edit. that explains a lot Duncan!!

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 21:43 #5 

raistlin
One of the other excuses today was the old favourite "We tried to deliver it but nobody was in" Went a bit quiet when I explained that we had 24/7 video surveillance of the front of the house :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 22:23 #6 

Tourerfogey
DHL outsource many of their deliveries to independent couriers - the reason I was given a while back for my delivery arriving three days late was that they'd given it to the wrong Courier- I think they have a book of excuses and pick one at random when someone complains.

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 22:35 #7