erratic idle by paras659

paras659
kv6 2.5 idle is hunting changed fast idle bits weeks ago was ok for a while now weather is warm hunting but sounds like its sucking air from passengeer side of manifold any ideas thanks mark...

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 17:09 #1 

SpongeBob
Can anyone be of any help for this chaps problem?

Could be throttle body area as that's passenger side of the manifold. Have you checked to see the throttle cable and/or cruise actuator cables are free moving and not causing the throttle body to stick open?

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 20:31 #2 

Duncan
Sorry, no real ideas. There will always be some noise from the throttle at idle, but maybe there's another issue. Worth checking for broken vacuum and breather pipes.

Posted 31 Mar 2012, 20:17 #3 

paras659
changed fast idle gaskets and widgit no change

Posted 09 Apr 2012, 08:39 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Check for blocked breather pipes or could it be vis motors need checking
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 10 Apr 2012, 00:04 #5 

laser558
I Had a similar problem. At standstill the engine would tickover erratically Revs dropped almost to stall and then up to 800/1000 rpm. Would sometimes disappear for a while. Engine never actually stalled but rather embarrasing when stopped in traffic.

The problem turned out to be the throttle potentiometer which is part of the throttle body. Replaced with a used one and has been fine since.I hope this may help.

Incidentally, I seem to recall that the fault was traced by the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) diagnostics at my ex Rover dealer.

Posted 28 Sep 2012, 21:57 #6