ERISING 962D -1st fit by ceedy (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

ceedy
For the dear readers who are persona Non grata on the Other place!!!

Copied over ... had to redo all the links :confused: :panic:

Just a few links to give a Clue on this Double Din Unit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Erising-ES962D-6-2-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-DVB-T-HD-IPOD-3D-/230497667502?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item35aabb49ae

Booting up Video ...

http://tinypic.com/r/5b5kyc/3

And 2 pics of it plopped in Loose

and The rear showing the cables.

Using standard ISO connectors was in and running in about 10 mins ..

rest of the morning spent fiddling / testing/ playing about .

So haven't got much further so far :lol:

Bluetooth connects ok .
Radio is good
Plays all DVDs/AVI/DIVXs put in it so far .
IGO works Ok , ( can't stand the womans voice )
Freeview Scanned and found Most stations but then mostly no picture
as signal is very weak Here , and the supplied Aerial is the size of a
Mouses Winkle !! .

thats it so far ..

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 13:20 #1 

Zeb
Look forward to seeing how you get on with that... :)

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 13:42 #2 

raistlin
Why does the Pioneer logo come up? :confused:

Looks like an excellent unit for the price.

I'm a bit concerned that you can apparently watch TV whilst driving though :o
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 14:24 #3 

ceedy
raistlin wrote:Why does the Pioneer logo come up? :confused:

Duuno yet .. most likely its got Pionner board inside ?? :confused:

Looks like an excellent unit for the price.

I'm a bit concerned that you can apparently watch TV whilst driving though :o

You can Switch that option off and on as well use the inhibit cable at the back connected into the handbrake switch like all other units do !
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 14:37 #4 

raistlin
Definitely looks a nice bit of kit :D

Will be interested to see how you get on with it :)

What are you going to do for TV aerial(s)?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 15:01 #5 

ceedy
raistlin wrote:Definitely looks a nice bit of kit :D

Will be interested to see how you get on with it :)

What are you going to do for TV aerial(s)?

Well I went up the road a mile to test the GPS and rescanned Freeview and got a few stations with the Winkle ! :lol:

But Not even looked yet for another aerial.

The Pioneer Logo is one of the few dozens supplied ... Can't find ROVER/MG in the List so using a tranformers badge at the moment.

Also you can like most others select the software to run when GPS is selected, so will try Tom tom and probably can use that MIO pocket stuff.

Got the Steering controls working with some twisted wires poked in .. just making and adaptor cable from an old
PC cable. working volume, Mode, Next /previous

Chris

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 17:16 #6 

ceedy
Made a quicky aerial out of copper wire just a basic Tee shape .. nothing scanned outside the house
1 mile up the road ..perfect! .. :hissyfit:

Chris

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 19:24 #7 

stubie
Are you picking up Digital Radio stations via Freeview?

Also is space tight can the unit go back any further?

Stubs

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 21:02 #8 

ceedy
stubie wrote:Are you picking up Digital Radio stations via Freeview?

Also is space tight can the unit go back any further?

Stubs

The unit will push furtehr back in, in the pic the frame is clipped on so this is the stopping point unless the fascia is cut out larger. Mine is cut presently just take the unit not the fasica. but if the frame is removed it will go back flush.

C.

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 21:09 #9 

MrB
Ceedy

Just wondered how you are getting on with this unit??

Got it more to your liking?

Also can you get radio stations via DAB thanks to DVD-T receiver???

I think I'll have to get an aerial extension for mine?

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 21:53 #10 

ceedy
[quote="MrB"]Ceedy

Just wondered how you are getting on with this unit??

Got it more to your liking?

Have played around a bit .. mostly with the SATNAV, Got an Old Version of Tomtom6 of my PDa and got it working ok.
Back fiidling with the supplied IGO , it takes ages, to alter on sys files on PC, out to car, O..bother back to PC etc .. :?

Just looking at the actual specs internally to suss out whats inside, to see what mods could be done ?? the setup menus are idnetical to the Rover look units.

Had the Steeering controls working with old bits of twsited wire, now made a proper cable with connectors and its playing up :lol:

Also can you get radio stations via DAB thanks to DVD-T receiver???

Well I can get DVBT radio , but I don't think you can actually get DAB via DVBt as its a slightly different signal system?

I think I'll have to get an aerial extension for mine?

all this whilst testing the new central heating piping ,, and getting lots of small leaks :em: :cry: :evil:
what a day !! ( did I mention havingt the grandkids over as well !!) :clap: :rolling: :hissyfit: :panic: ..

Chris ( II)

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 08:36 #11 

MrB
Sounds like you are lots of fun at the moment.

Is the digital radio nice and clear or does it keep constantly losing the signal.

Am trying to decide whether its worth the hassle of extending the aerial to the front in mine, when FM is slowly being turned off as we go digital.

I am waiting on delivery of a similar head unit to yours and want everything ready to get it up and running when it arrives.

Would also be interested if you could take a pic of how the steering wheel control wires need to be connected - this part of the fit I am really unsure of.

From the pics of the back of the unit there are two wires from the unit dedicated to steering wheel controls - how many from the Rover??

Thanks for all your thoughts and input so far.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 09:04 #12 

ceedy
You don't know the half of it !!!

Had the upstairs landing floorboards up today to do the last final leak check ... done this a few times recently .

Went out to the car to paly with D-Din.. came back ...and !!!! Arrgh!! :hissyfit:

Swmbo had been upstairs like she has done loads of times during this work and whilst not looking where shes going .. Put her Foot thought the living Room Ceiling !!! Fud it..!! :oops:

Luckily She's all right, just a graze on her leg . :thumbsup:

But the Effing mess is staggering... old Horse hair/ lathe and stuff ceiling . dust and muck ". :panic:
I think I'll become a Monk , I've already got the haircut!!!

Double din on Hold for a mo !!!

Chris

PS ..3 steering control wires on the MGR .... the power wire ( green/white I think) is not needed .
The other 2 just switch various resistors in & out dependant on which button on the wheel is pressed.

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 17:08 #13 

MrB
Chris thanks for taking the time to reply amongst all of that drama.

Best of luck with sorting out all that mess.

Glad the Mrs is OK.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 18:38 #14 

ceedy
Haven't posted on this for a while but in late July the whole thing packed up .. :hissyfit: :panic:

Lost all volume and No GPS .. and to cut a very long story short... after literally hundreds of emails back and forth to the original supplier.
Being sent a new GPS board which I fitted , with no difference.

I've sent it back at some significant cost :mad1: and after it getting stuck in Chinese customs for a long while , having to stump up a bit of import duty as well on a duff unit !! :mad1:
A replacement is finally on its way back ( well there is tracking info, hope its a working one??)

So a bit of a heads up and warning on the ptifalls of buying from the Far East . :cry:

watch this space ... :gmc:

Posted 01 Oct 2010, 10:19 #15 

MrB
Am having a similar issue with my unit, bought from an apparent UK supplier.

However, if it has a fault needs to be returned to China, as Chris has said, at some considerable cost.

Mine won't read CDs/DVDs.

Seller has stated they will refund my costs for returning the unit, approx £60.

So as Chris has said, be aware, make sure you read the full advert. I thought I would be OK as they advertised themselves as a UK seller, but alas am not.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 01 Oct 2010, 10:27 #16 

ceedy
Same here mine was a "UK seller" but if fact the UK bit is just a shipping office, which does mean you don't risk any import duty , but thats where the UK bit stops !!

you still have to cover any return costs and it needs to be sent back the right way !!

I complied with the return instruction to the letter11. and its still taken over a month to sort out ..
( this was using FEDEX's 5-7 day system !! :mad1:

Chris.. the other one !! :lol:

Posted 01 Oct 2010, 11:15 #17 

ceedy
Well my replacement unit arrived today.

A complete setup with all its bits N bobs ... which is good as I only sent the basic box back.

So have gained a spare set of parts. GPS, remote, cables, USB, Ipod lead etc..

but no GPS SD , still not to bad.

Chris

Now just need a Zt to fit it in !!

Posted 06 Oct 2010, 12:28 #18 

MrB
Glad you have received the new unit.

Hope you find a ZT to fit it in.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 06 Oct 2010, 14:11 #19 

ceedy
My Zt is having a rest while I use my Dads Hyundai Tuscon CDi to shift all the rubbish left after my House re roof. and other building work.

Our gardens would look good in a Film about the Blitz !! :lol:

Hopefully mostly gone by the weekend and the ZT comes home .

Chris

Posted 06 Oct 2010, 16:57 #20