'Engine' IPK light on by Chartermark

Chartermark
I had a 60,000 service 200 miles ago. Two weeks later I had a battery discharge to a low state, after leaving the lights on, in my apprentice alzheimer state!

Now I have the 'Engine' light on. The fluid levels are all good and the thing runs perfectly. Am I right in thinking this is a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) diagnostic item and an errant hiccup re-set needed. I've had so many over the years the mathematics of chaos would again seem to point this way?

God bless the good old days of the ignition light and gauges. I'd settle for a Mkii Jag dash, with a bulb sensor only!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo Da Vinci

Posted 15 Aug 2011, 11:41 #1 

raistlin
Martin,

Try gently flexing the wiring where it enters the fuel filter head (next to the battery box) and ensure that there is some slack in the wiring and that the connector is pushed fully in.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Aug 2011, 16:19 #2 

JohnDotCom
A reset with a cheap code meter will normally remove the light without a T4 and if there isn't a problem stay off.
Replacing the fuel filter head often clears intermittent "Engine Warning" off.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Aug 2011, 16:33 #3 

Chartermark
Thanks John,

Would this be the piece of kit you suggest;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/051-Rover-25- ... 35b44ce146

Martin

Posted 16 Aug 2011, 07:12 #4 

JohnDotCom
Yes that is one of many available.
Perhaps someone is close by to you that could reset it before spending out?
Can anyone help?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 16 Aug 2011, 07:22 #5 

Chartermark
JohnDotCom wrote:Yes that is one of many available.
Perhaps someone is close by to you that could reset it before spending out?
Can anyone help?

John, I was cleaning the Auto change gate surround today and moved the selecor up and down a few times. I don't know if it's connected but I suddenly noticed it had gone out and has stayed out ...

I think I'll get the code meter, as my IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) does play up quite a bit from time to time?

Martin

Posted 17 Aug 2011, 00:24 #6