electric seat nightmare by mark d3

mark d3
a week ago while at the four winds nano my electric seat jammed had the seat out to day its not to hard to remove the 8 13mm bolts as you wont get at the t50 torx mainly at the rear of the runners when it jams,the reason they failed was the plastic cog in the aluminum housing disintegrated locking the runner solid i had to cut the housing to wind it forward with a pointy nose pliers if you need to do this remove the front t50 bolt first you wont see it after you wind the seat forward i suspect i wont be the last this happens to so hopefully the not very good photos may help someone else

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mark

Posted 24 Sep 2011, 17:22 #1 

takestock
Just had a look in me shed, got the inboard runner here for you Mark. It weighs just under 2kg, yours for price of postage :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 24 Sep 2011, 17:47 #2 

mark d3
cheers dave,thats very good of you,just let me know the cost and details on paypal to pay you
mark

Posted 24 Sep 2011, 17:51 #3 

JohnDotCom
Nice one Dave, as usual.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 24 Sep 2011, 17:55 #4 

Duncan
Sorry it was such a pig.

It was the right decision not to remove those in the field at four ashes.

Posted 24 Sep 2011, 18:22 #5 

mark d3
Duncan wrote:Sorry it was such a pig.

It was the right decision not to remove those in the field at four ashes.

yes defiantly Duncan this sort of repair takes too much time,getting the seat out is the easy bit the runners the nightmare and i think getting the seat back in is going to be a pig as well
mark

Posted 24 Sep 2011, 18:43 #6 

mark d3
put this photo up as well using the pointy nose its slow and tedious winding the runner back up but necessary to get the runner out for access to the rear t50 torx

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mark

Posted 24 Sep 2011, 18:48 #7