Electric Memory Seat question by carlpenn

carlpenn
Hiya.

Where does the Memory position get stored on the Electric Memory seat? Is it on the seat itself or on the ECU (Engine Control Unit) / BCU (Body Control Unit)?

Regards

Carl.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 09:55 #1 

Bernard
It's all in the self-contained seat unit except for the alternative key input which comes via the K-bus I believe. In other words, the memory seats can be retro-fitted and be fully functional except for the alternative key function which is MK1 only anyway.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 10:04 #2 

PaulT
What's the 'alternative key function'?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 11:18 #3 

Bernard
The two ignition/door keys can each be assigned a seat memory position so that each driver's seat settings are automatically actioned on door opening.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 11:53 #4 

PaulT
Cor, did not know I had that. Very useful
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 12:06 #5 

carlpenn
Cheers. :)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 15:43 #6 

Dave
The key thing sounds good, although assumedly, if you don't open the door with the key (ie you use the blipper), then this won't work?

Posted 27 Jul 2011, 09:28 #7 

Duncan
Dave wrote:The key thing sounds good, although assumedly, if you don't open the door with the key (ie you use the blipper), then this won't work?

Actually the other way round. It uses the code from the remote to work out which memory position to move to.

If I remeber correctly you unlock the car, and keep holding the unlock button which moves the seat into position. On later cars, that opens the boot.

Posted 27 Jul 2011, 10:25 #8 

Dave
Cool then! (except that, by the time you open the door, it'll have done all it's whizzing and whirring, and you won't see it happen, which surely is half the fun!)

Posted 27 Jul 2011, 10:40 #9