ECU pins by ceedy

• Related topics: (no related topics)

ceedy
Anybody what sort of pins go in the ECU (Engine Control Unit) socket and/ or I could get a couple ..

thanks

chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 18 May 2014, 19:00 #1 

Duncan
The website has translated ECU to Engine Control Unit, where it could be any Electronic Control Unit like a seat ECU or gearbox ECU. But I assume you do mean the engine ECU. Which engine variant, please, as they are all different. If the diesel, there are different pins in different bits of the connector.

Posted 18 May 2014, 20:09 #2 

ceedy
eek!! :-D its the main ECU ,the one that can get wet in the plenum!! ;) .

& the Zed is an Auto Diesel

I just want to populate the 2 empty holes to add the top intercooler air Sensor from the later cars .

Chris.
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 19 May 2014, 07:02 #3 

raistlin
ceedy wrote:I just want to populate the 2 empty holes to add the top intercooler air Sensor from the later cars

Intriguing Chris. What for?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 May 2014, 07:18 #4 

ceedy
I'm intending to install the later 340 ECU into my Mk one dizzle to get full or much better ODB2 Compatibility.

At the moment any code reader is pretty useless

I could leave out this sensor and just get an error code, but would rather do it properly, and you never know it might have an effect on my slight over fueling ? ;)

Chris

Posted 19 May 2014, 08:15 #5 

raistlin
Hmm... interesting. I'd like to keep up to date with that Chris :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 May 2014, 09:25 #6 

Duncan
Ah, OK. I think I might have a few pins for the smaller ones of the diesel engine ECU connector, yes. So I can be sure, can you help me. There are a number of connectors on it, with different numbers of pins. So, could you tell me which connector you mean? How many pins does the connector in question have? I have pins for the 40 pin and 24 pin (C331 C604) but I'm not sure about other ones as the circuit diagrams don't give connector info for them.

Posted 19 May 2014, 18:04 #7 

ceedy
AS far as I know at the moment .. :em: I need to fill the 2 points in C0606 numbers 34 and 37

Is that the 52 pin one made from 2 x 26 pins connectors ??

Not pulled it all out yet so going by odds bits of Webby info ..

Got a section of the wiring diag but in that this sensor is not shown ?? :cry:

cheers

Chris

Posted 19 May 2014, 18:28 #8 

Simon.h
I have a spare ecu plug somewhere, I can remove 2 pins for you?

Posted 20 May 2014, 16:47 #9 

ceedy
Yes please as many as you like ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup: :hail:

Chris

Posted 20 May 2014, 18:24 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
I have full ECU looms so if any photo's needed let me know and they will be posted up for you cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 21 May 2014, 00:12 #11 

ceedy
Arctic wrote:I have full ECU looms so if any photo's needed let me know and they will be posted up for you cheers Arctic

Cheers Steve,

thanks for the offer

BTW Did you have a part no for one of those alloy intercooler pipes ? been searching for a while and not found anything simlar so far . My turbo pipe is getting soggy, so its a slicone one or an alloy ?

take care

Chris

Posted 21 May 2014, 07:03 #12 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Chris
They are BMW I bought four in all to trace which one would be best for my car, which as the boost sensor, and that came from a 2003 BMW E46 320d Intercooler Pipe M47N cost £27 minimum that's average price but at least I know I will not have to change the pipe once it starts to deteriorating, at a cost of £50 a time either for OEM or silicone and the boost is so much better. cheers Arctic

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 22 May 2014, 00:49 #13 

Duncan
Steve, any chance of making the connector photos a bit bigger please? I can't se them.

Posted 22 May 2014, 15:42 #14 

Duncan
For some reason they have come out bigger, now.

Thanks

Yes, I have pins for that connector, they are standard MQS terminals. Let me know many you want Ceedy.

Posted 22 May 2014, 15:45 #15 

Simon.h
ceedy wrote:Yes please as many as you like ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup: :hail:

Chris

Ok, let me know your address and I will post you a few.

Posted 22 May 2014, 18:40 #16 

ceedy
Got some ECU connectors now , very many thanks to Simon :hail: :hail:

now need something other than torrential rain :mad1: :lol:

C.

Posted 28 May 2014, 09:18 #17