eBay Sellers by PaulT

PaulT
Looking at an item on eBay and the seller has a big ZERO against him - i.e. a virgin.

The buyer in the description says send me any questions. Well, I have sent two and no replies. The item ends tomorrow. I earlier sent a message saying if you do not answer my questions I am afraid I cannot bid on your item (at present no bids). No reply. Wonder what would happen if he gets any bids - no doubt you will not hear anything.

He states 'cash preferred' - well, at the moment he will not get anything from me.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:37 #1 

ColinB
walk away

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 21:45 #2 

JohnDotCom
This sale would have now finished as post was made on the 12th July.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 21:59 #3 

PaulT
ColinB wrote:walk away

I did not bid - if it had been OK then I would have been in there.

Another seller 'any questions ask, email me to view'.

So I emailed him some questions including 'can it be viewed in the evening.'

No answer

Send another message 'please respond to my message'.

A reply 'sorry for the delay.... and yes OK to view in the evening'.

So send a message 'I would like to view Thursday evening - what is your address and what time would be OK'.

Once again no reply.

So yesterday (Thursday) at about 18:00 I sent a message 'I would like to view this evening and my mobile number'.

This morning (Friday) a message from the seller 'Sorry about the delay any time today should be OK as I will be local' and he includes his mobile number.

Message back 'Your item finishes at 11:25 this morning'.

What is wrong with these people
Paul

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 06:18 #4 

SpongeBob
As frustrating as it is sometimes, not all folk are up to speed with Internet life and don't always grasp concepts and ideas behind things or simply don't know how to find their way around websites. eBay, afterall, is quite a complex site so for a beginner or new user the experience could be quite daunting.

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 13:58 #5 

Tourerfogey
The biggest problem with eBay is that any d***head with a PC can be a member.

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 15:07 #6 

JohnDotCom
So elegantly put Basil. :D
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 16:52 #7 

takestock
Tourerfogey wrote:The biggest problem with eBay is that any d***head with a PC can be a member.

i know another place like that :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 19:51 #8 

Duncan
Laughing at some replies again...

Here's another one. Buy it now, with make an offer. So you make an offer and they can't be armed to even respond. So you give them the benefit of the doubt and again nothing. Doesn't save them any money to add a make an offer, or cost anything to counetr it or reject it. So why just ignore it?

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 20:52 #9 

JohnDotCom
takestock wrote:
Tourerfogey wrote:The biggest problem with eBay is that any d***head with a PC can be a member.

:clap: That comment would be removed in many a place. ;) :gmc:
John

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 21:51 #10 

PaulT
JohnDotCom wrote:
takestock wrote:

:clap: That comment would be removed in many a place. ;) :gmc:

Would not apply elsewhere - cos some people are members here but not there :mrgreen:
Paul

Posted 18 Jul 2010, 07:37 #11 

Tourerfogey
Just because Tourerfogey is not a member elsewhere, doesn't mean I'm not . . . ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D

Posted 18 Jul 2010, 12:53 #12