E10 petrol by colskie

colskie
/has anyone found out if this new petrol is OKay to use in our motors

Posted 16 Sep 2021, 14:59 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
In a word No.
That does not mean it will not work, but some fuel line parts especially rubber seals and pipes may be susceptible to early degradation.
Personally I will stick to E5 in the higher grade fuel. The lower grade fuel has been E5 for some years, so it's only price that makes the difference now.

There are fuel additives which would normally be used to preserve fuel in cars which are little used, e.g my 72 Midget, this tends to keep the rubber pipes in relatively good order over winter etc. Having said that the rubber pipes do degrade but are relatively easy to replace.

This an opinion piece, don't take it as gospel, do your own research.

Posted 16 Sep 2021, 18:16 #2 

Duncan
The K and KV6 engines were also used in Land Rover models of the same era. JLR have said those models are OK.

Posted 17 Sep 2021, 08:21 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Well spotted Duncan. Thank you.
Do they refer to pump / filter and lines as being the same or similar.

Posted 17 Sep 2021, 13:37 #4 

Duncan
Land Rover don't mention it. But the cars were designed by the same teams at the same time so unlikely to be very different.

Posted 22 Sep 2021, 07:58 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
:shock: wonder if you will be able to get it a few weeks time
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Sep 2021, 22:36 #6 

takestock
Filled the tank with E10 today to attend the nano meet, total of 248 miles and an average of 35.5 mpg on the kv6 Auto
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Oct 2021, 19:09 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Dave
Great to see you and Marina yesterday, how much fuel did you use from your and back from the Nano? hopefully you can get it replenished round by you easy, see ya in 2022 at the meets all being well, look after yourself cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 04 Oct 2021, 09:09 #8 

MrDoodles
E10 won't ever enter the petrol tanks of my 190 or JCW, until E5 Super Unleaded is banned, even if it is currently £6.15 a gallon! :(

Posted 04 Oct 2021, 17:07 #9