drying the car by Arctic

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi What is the best cloth to dry your car off with one which absorbs the water quick and does not leave streaks and were from cheers Arctic.

PS or what do you use,
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 20 May 2011, 02:22 #1 

JohnDotCom
I'm old fashioned and still use a chamois leather. (sure to be wrong spelling).
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 20 May 2011, 07:47 #2 

zojosc
I use a chamois leather and a detailing spray which stops it streaking.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 20 May 2011, 07:54 #3 

MrB
I use a microfibre cloth, seems to do the trick
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 20 May 2011, 08:44 #4 

kandyman

Posted 20 May 2011, 10:19 #5 

JohnDotCom

You need to be a member to access that page Andy. ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 20 May 2011, 14:06 #6 

mark_bonsai
Re-mapped & Synergy 2 on 9. EGR bypass. De-catted. Pipercross filter & modified inlet. 18" Apex's with 235 Toyo's. ZT190 big brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harmon Kardon speakers & sub. Kenwood DNX7200 double din, amp & Phatbox. Fully chromed front grill.

Posted 20 May 2011, 15:32 #7 

kandyman
JohnDotCom wrote:

You need to be a member to access that page Andy. ;)

I would of hoped that most ZT/75 owners would be a member on there so they would know how to keep the car nice and clean ;)

Posted 20 May 2011, 16:26 #8 

Arctic
(Trader)
yes i am using a chamios at the moment but have been informed that it is not the thing to do as if a dirt collected under it that is a recipe for a scratch etc also it tends to make the shine dull on the car :confused:

So may go for the elite care cloth unless someone knows a better cloth which absorbs really good,and drys super fast

these look ok below anyone ever tried them.
http://tinyurl.com/3vs4jd4
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 21 May 2011, 14:58 #9 

baconbuttyman
JohnDotCom wrote:I'm old fashioned and still use a chamois leather. (sure to be wrong spelling).

me too, cant beat it. although a micro fiber cloth comes a close second
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 16 Jul 2011, 11:24 #10 

James.uk
I use a chamois, not found anything better yet... :)

Posted 16 Jul 2011, 14:09 #11 

RhodieBill
Chamois.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 16 Jul 2011, 23:41 #12 

Arctic
(Trader)
RhodieBill wrote:Chamois.

Hi James & Rhodiebill i have tried the Chamois but it tends to leave streaks and can also scratch the car should a piece of grit get under the leather, Found some really absorbent cloth recently and will post up after using it a few times it can absorb ten times the ammount of a chamois and still feel quite dry we will see.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 19 Jul 2011, 23:54 #13 

Trebor
get one of these Steve you wont regret it, a quality product from a quality seller, will put your chamois to shame

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SERIOUS-PERFO ... 4012500082
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 Sep 2011, 19:32 #14