Driveshaft removal? by Zeb

Zeb
Afternoon all.... Mr Haynes says that the inner end of the driveshafts are secured using a circlip and that a large flat bladed screwdriver may be inserted between the transmission and the 'inner joint'... wtf is the 'inner joint' please? Is it the large lump of metal between the transmission and the rubber gaiter? :confused: Also, how much force dare I use?

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 14:34 #1 

Duncan
Yes, the inner joint is that big thing. I used a crowbar rather than a screwdriver. Support it as it comes out to avoid damaging the lip of the seal on the gearbox.

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 14:53 #2 

Zeb
Duncan wrote:Yes, the inner joint is that big thing. I used a crowbar rather than a screwdriver. Support it as it comes out to avoid damaging the lip of the seal on the gearbox.

Cheers Duncan! Driver's side one just popped out...passenger side one...crowbar is the next stop then!

It's great having the laptop in the garage! Your help is much appreciated Duncan!

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 15:03 #3 

Duncan
Zeb wrote:It's great having the laptop in the garage! Your help is much appreciated Duncan!

Your doing this in the garage!

Wuss, did mine on the drive.

:gmc:

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 15:06 #4 

Zeb
Duncan wrote:
Zeb wrote:It's great having the laptop in the garage! Your help is much appreciated Duncan!

Your doing this in the garage!

Wuss, did mine on the drive.

:gmc:

Mine is on the drive! The laptop and tools are in the garage... :D

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 15:11 #5 

James.uk
Keep us posted Zeb, we like to hear you struggle. :o :D

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 17:43 #6