Drivers seatbelt, Tourer by Dave

Dave
Not sure if there's a difference between driver and passenger belts, or Saloon and Tourer?

Mine had the little "button" (that holds the buckle at shoulder height when stowed) smashed when it got stuck in the door. Carl kindly sent me one, but it "escaped" from the envelope before it reached me.... :-(

Now the seatbelt is tardy on retracting, which means that each time I park up, there's a tedious 10 seconds of feeding the belt back on to the reel (and also some wear on the trim from doing this repeatedly)

So..... Anyone got a belt they can sell me?

NB Unless it's not advised to use second hand ones??

Posted 27 Jun 2011, 17:26 #1 

Jürgen
Dave wrote:NB Unless it's not advised to use second hand ones??

You can't be sure that a used one hasn't been "used" in some kind of accident. Therefore I would replace a seatbelt with a brand new spare part only.

Posted 27 Jun 2011, 17:44 #2 

Duncan
You can't always be sure, but if you buy from someone you know, or you see the car it's from, then I don't see it's such a problem.

Posted 27 Jun 2011, 17:50 #3 

Jürgen
Well, Duncan, you're right. That's an exception.

Posted 27 Jun 2011, 18:25 #4 

PaulT
Jürgen wrote:
Dave wrote:NB Unless it's not advised to use second hand ones??

You can't be sure that a used one hasn't been "used" in some kind of accident. Therefore I would replace a seatbelt with a brand new spare part only.

Unless it has been recorded you may not know that a 2nd hand car that you buy has not been in an accident
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 27 Jun 2011, 18:39 #5 

Dave
TBH, this is what I was thinking

Best to be safe!

Posted 27 Jun 2011, 21:02 #6