Dreaded Pollen Dust by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi
Dont know if you all know about the dreaded pollen dust that is going about over the last couple of weeks my car is covered every morning mind we do live by loads of trees the worst must be the Silver birch which are right out side our home in fact in the front garden these are protected from the info i have found out so cannot cut them down :-x anyways i must have cleaned my car everyday for the past two weeks sometimes even twice in one day at times like 03.55am in the morning. below are some pics of the mess of these trees. This is also so a link of a birch pollen cloud coming our way from europe take a look and be-aware as this can damage your paintwork.

link from toother side.
http://tinyurl.com/6k57nuv

pics outside my home this all down the road.

back again today and me cleaning it off yet again.

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 19:13 #1 

baconbuttyman
Thats a lot of pollen dust
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 19:42 #2 

SpongeBob
The cars around here are covered in it - both me and my neighbour have black cars but over the last few days both have looked decidedly brown-beige :(

Washing as frequently as you can is the only cure I feel. :roll:

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 20:22 #3 

JohnDotCom
A lot of the pollen reported in papers is stripping the paint, and is very course so scratches paintwork easily so be careful on removal and cleaning.
Best keep her in the garage while this is happening.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 21:34 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
SpongeBob wrote:The cars around here are covered in it - both me and my neighbour have black cars but over the last few days both have looked decidedly brown-beige :(

Washing as frequently as you can is the only cure I feel. :roll:

Yes pleanty of running water from house hose, not from a jet washer as this can blast the fine grit into the paint, so use water hose on slow shower spray at first then on slow centre this should more it nicely. ;) will be out doing mine again about 12.00am then again in the morning i would not advise to try and polish the car while this is going on as no sooner you have washed it the process starts all over again with in 30-40 mins what a nightmare. :-x :hissyfit:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 22:14 #5 

rhylbloke
I wondered why mine was covered in an orangey dust yesterday, less than 24 hrs after I'd washed and polished it - thought it might be sand blowing over from the Sahara, like we had some years back :panic:

Posted 01 May 2011, 08:23 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
Fingers crossed it seems to have died down here today now will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings :clap:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 03 May 2011, 20:21 #7