Door / Trim Parts by Mofo

Mofo
Not sure if this is in the right place or not but.....

I recently fitted 4 second hand doors to the car. As a result, I have a ton of door trim / parts spare. Rather than them sit in the loft unused, I am quite prepared to give people any bits they need free.

If you need anything, just ask - I have plenty of chrome bits of trim, rubber seals from the doors, glass, winder mechanisms etc. Due to size most bits will need collecting (I'm in Durham - DH9), but if someones really desperate I can *probably* post at cost. Not everything is available -I have to keep / swap a couple of bits and some things are getting sold seperatley, but if you are after any daft bits - shout up. The door lock mechanisms / actuators are definetly not available as some didn't work and some are in my spares bin. :)

Just thought I would post up - you never know what things people are after.

Posted 23 Feb 2012, 20:36 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Do you have the black external metal finishers that sit in the middle of the car? If so are any of them in good condition, i.e. no rust/corrosion? Minor scuffs and scratches I'm not too fussed about :)

Posted 23 Feb 2012, 21:52 #2 

Mofo
I do have couple, one I have already had to swap as I needed it, and another has gone to a mate but - and this is the trouble - the ones I have left are corroded below the line of the rubber trim. Is there anyone in particular you need and I can take a closer look for you?

Posted 23 Feb 2012, 22:02 #3 

Mad-Monkey
I need all four eventually, but trying to get some without corrosion from a scrappy is just a gamble all the time.

Posted 23 Feb 2012, 22:09 #4 

Mofo
Passenger front is quite badly corroded under the rubber line but visible surface is clear, drivers front has gone, rear passenger has been swapped already as surface was rusted, and I need to find the drivers rear and get back to you.

Posted 23 Feb 2012, 22:18 #5 

Mad-Monkey
Cheers :)

Posted 24 Feb 2012, 07:33 #6 

stroheim
Hi have you got the interior chrome finishers (door open) as I have broken the tangs off mine....thanks

Posted 25 Feb 2012, 19:16 #7 

Unclefista
stroheim wrote:Hi have you got the interior chrome finishers (door open) as I have broken the tangs off mine....thanks

The finishers aren't removable (at least without damage) the "tangs" aren't meant to come out, they're plastic welded in and break when pulled.
A blob of glue from a hot glue gun on each of the broken tangs was a good fix for me :)

From my phone..

Posted 25 Feb 2012, 22:14 #8 

stroheim
Hi thanks hot glue gun it is

Posted 26 Feb 2012, 09:11 #9 

Mofo
Monk - Drivers Rear is no good either, same as the others unfortunately. :(

Stronheim - As has been said, the chrome surrounds are not meant to be removed, I had to use all my original ones as the ones on the doors were all broken - whoever had the car I got the doors from had retrofitted a Neptune Blue Line interior rather badly. All I have is some of the actual handles without the surrounds - sorry!! :em:

I'm not having much luck trying to give things away, am I? :confused:

Posted 27 Feb 2012, 20:59 #10