door mirrors by revor

revor
hello all, any hints on removing door mirror glass please. car is a 2004 75 with scullcaps trying to avoid breaking anything!.

Posted 16 Mar 2011, 14:34 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The glass is held in position with nylon clips, should be easily removable by orienting the glass fully to inside, then put fingers behind and pull / lever. They are designed to pop on pop off. I'm not sure whether using any kind of tool to do the levering will cause damage.

Posted 16 Mar 2011, 15:40 #2 

kandyman
When I remove mine I found it easer to remove the glass which gave me access to the back of the cap and the clips. I know some say there used a thin bladed tool to prise the cap off but I couldn't do it that way :)

Posted 16 Mar 2011, 16:56 #3 

Bermudan 75
The first Wolves nano meet was about fitting my powerfolds, which Raistlin, Trebor and myself managed to do. What we did not do was to replace the mirror glass that had an Arabic script with one that was blank.

Posted 16 Mar 2011, 18:30 #4 

revor
thanks to the 3 members for their replies. ref` the clips, are they ball type. shall be trying at w/end thanks again. 3 replies more than 0 from the other side.

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 01:15 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
One of our members Baconbuttyman has just supplied this very useful Know How document.

viewforum.php?f=204

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 19:01 #6 

revor
hi all. just want to say that my scull cap mirror internals are different to the bullets. I cant do pic`s so here goes. the glass is attached to a plastic mounting plate which has a rectanguler in the centre. this locates over a corresponding shape on the motor. I was really worried about breaking something going in blind!. carefully lever of the cover starting at the bottom and looking thru the large opening at the door end u can see one end. b brave with a wide slot s/driver and prise off. I found it easier when replacing to locate this end first and the outer last. u cant beat a bit of vaselene!. I hope this can help somewone. ps, should read rectanguler shape/frame. peter

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 00:33 #7