Doh, forgot the MOT! by Lightpainter

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Lightpainter
Had a phone call yesterday from a very nice young lady from the service department of Autoplanet asking if I had forgotten that my ‘free’ MOT was due next Tuesday!
So there I was, rushing around like a BA Fly adjusting the hand brake ‘as you do’ and un-clogging the screen wash filter ready for my 3 PM appointment today.
Just as well she rang as I am spending most of next week up my daughter looking after the grandchildren.
I just wonder how soon the ANPR system kicks in for the police after an MOT has expired!

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 08:21 #1 

Bartonrover
Don't take the risk - I believe it's a £60 fixed penalty if you're caught - unless you are on your way to, or from, a prearranged MOT appointment. Go though an auto number plate reader and you're done! (Mine expires next week :( )

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 12:59 #2 

JohnDotCom
It shows on the Police computer screens (when checked) and ANPR as soon as it has expired.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 13:16 #3 

Mad-Monkey
I forgot mine last year. Three days before expiry I remembered! Luckily the garage got me in on the 2nd day and it passed. Often wondered how long it takes the database to issue a fine, loads of people seem to think they've got 30 days so never bother.

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 13:51 #4 

JohnDotCom
For Information to all Members.

There is no grace period.
Once your MOT (and the same goes for Insurance, and Road fund licence Incidentally) has expired,
any check on your vehicle will show it has run out.
Fully automated now you are on the system.

My insurance details hadn't been updated when I changed to personal number plates due to a error by Insurance company so best to keep an eye on it.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 14:49 #5 

Mad-Monkey
Wish the cocky people who keep smirking about draggin it out would get caught! :D

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 14:58 #6 

Lightpainter
Well I am chuffed the car sailed through with only a few advisory’s including.
‘O/S/Rear brake binding slightly’!
Must have over adjusted it Lol.

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 16:13 #7 

starbug2
my mot is next month , hence my going to Austin garages tomorrow for new rear springs and a once over :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :hissyfit: . since getting the car about 11 months ago- new engine fan, rubber bush on the front , clutch ,slave /master cylinders etc ,new windscreen ,front discs , radio , battery ,back window , tire , :hissyfit: :hissyfit: AA out 3 times ..... off the top of my head :roll: :roll:
so the car better pass the mot oh and i think my themo is a bit iffy :angry:

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 20:31 #8