Do you remember this? by raistlin

raistlin
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2513&highlight=

Well, out of the blue, we had a visit this morning from a beautiful little girl called Manjit who is now 8 years old, along with her mum.

Manjit is, of course, the little girl who was brought into A&E shortly after I arrived there after my accident, having been horribly burned and who was not expected to survive the night.

She is now a loving, kind, thoughtful girl who told her mum the other day that she thinks she is now old enough to say thank you to all those people on "the Rover place" who wished her well. This was the purpose of her visit here today and she asked me to pass on her thanks.

So, for anybody over here, who expressed their good wishes over there, Manjit says "thanks" :)

Further, she appears to have ended up with very little disfigurement, having been subject to many corrective plastic surgery procedures which, her mum tells me, she bore with the philosophical sangfroid beyond her years based upon the simple premise that just to be alive was everything.

What a kid :D

I'm somewhat overwhelmed.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 13:08 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
What a nice end to a very traumatic occurrence. Us "adults" can learn much from children.

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 14:20 #2 

Tourerfogey
Indeed, I remember it well. What a little soldier the girl is - nice to get an update with a good outcome.

As an aside, I just read through the original thread and was ( or perhaps wasn't ;) ) surprised to see that the majority of posters on it are now blue. . .

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 14:21 #3 

JohnDotCom
Thanks for the update Paul.Good news all round.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 16:27 #4 

Cowley_MOA
That's super news! So nice to have a happy ending.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 17:03 #5 

kandyman
That's great news.

Thanks for the update.

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 17:28 #6 

SpongeBob
A fantastic heart warming update Paul. A very courageous little girl :)

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 19:13 #7 

suzublu
Once again i am saddened by events elsewhere with regards this thread on another channel.Oh well

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 20:52 #8 

raistlin
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=85948&highlight=

Manjit, a brave little girl who narrowly avoided death a few years ago, asked me to say thanks to all those Rover people who wished her well.

I asked Carl to make a post expressing her thanks because I am unable to do so.

So the big, macho management on the club forum decide to slap the poor kiddy in the face in yet another puerile attempt to have a go at me.

This was a message of thanks from a little girl for heaven's sake, passed on by a member of their forum. All Carl did was copy and paste part of a message I sent to him. IT WAS NOT MY CONTRIBUTION.

I don't need to attempt to make a contribution to their autocracy. They are making a good enough effort at shooting themselves in the foot without any contribution from me.

To be frank, I'm sickened and disgusted by the way in which nobody, least of all a child who feels obligated to say thank you, is safe from their vicious, vile, venomous efforts to extract some sort of tenuous revenge. How pathetic and impotent are these cowards?

Seems to me that their rules are flexible to say the least, depending upon who is interpreting them.

Since when was having a pop at a kiddy acceptable behaviour?

It's to be hoped that their own children and grand-children are not subjected to such monstrous bile.

Manjit will never understand why the people she so desperately wanted to say thank you to would wish turn that thought into a political circus rather than just accept the gratitude of a wonderful little girl. I certainly wouldn't be able to explain their action to her without exposing her to some of the less savoury aspects of human nature which her open and friendly mind would be ill-equipped to deal with.

I hope those ******** feel proud of themselves, having the clever idea of upsetting a little girl in a blind grasping of any opportunity to continue their apparent vendetta.

Shame on them.
Paul

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 21:24 #9 

Cowley_MOA
Here here Paul, it's sickening they decided to do that.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 22:30 #10 

JohnDotCom
When you think they can't sink further down the crapper, they go that extra mile! :cry:
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 06 Jun 2011, 09:12 #11 

raistlin
Carl has re-submitted the content, adjusted so that it can't be construed as being a contribution from me.

I just hope it is left alone, in the spirit it was intended by Manjit.
Paul

Posted 06 Jun 2011, 10:47 #12 

PaulT
Amazing but perhaps to be expected.....

Paul, I think you were too nice in your description of some people.

You have to wonder where the compassion is in some people and isn't it nice to read about good new stories, at least for some of us.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 06 Jun 2011, 10:59 #13 

JohnDotCom
There is also a reply from Reebs saying members cannot post anything passed on or from Banned members.
John

Posted 06 Jun 2011, 11:34 #14 

geesmith
Well the original news brought a little tear to my eye. Such joyous courage and uplifting sentiments.
Wanting to thank those that wished her well!

Cow Pie's not to mention two hats! Shameful...

Posted 06 Jun 2011, 15:05 #15