Do Flux do online quotes? by Dave

Dave
Or is it a question of fill all the form details in and then they call you?

Posted 16 Feb 2012, 19:17 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I'm not sure how that works, I've always phoned, service is really good and once they have quoted you can ask them to price match or beat another quote from elsewhere and finally ask for the Community members discount.

Posted 16 Feb 2012, 19:28 #2 

Dave
Well, Gill has been trawling through comparison sites to beat the £332 renewal quote from First Direct.

Now bearing in mind that this was sans any mods (all I have is Starspokes as opposed to standard wheels and the 131bhp remap) it would have seemed easy enough to beat. Apart from one eye-watering one (£9000!) most seemed to be about the same

BUT she's just tried Adrian Flux who have come back with £232 inc the mods! With 15% discount this would be a very acceptable £197 :mrgreen: Just need to know now - is it definitely 15% as the top post in this forum says "up to"...?

Posted 20 Feb 2012, 17:30 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Depends on the actual insurer as AF are essentially brokers, hence "up to", gentle pressure may get the required result. ;)

Posted 20 Feb 2012, 17:35 #4 

Dave
Nice one! Will be giving them a bell tomorrow then to see what can be done! :)

Posted 20 Feb 2012, 17:35 #5 

Dave
Well, I called them and wasn't over chuffed if I am honest

Despite having the online quote, I went through a 16 minute phone call, only to be told that this figure is now £343 (or £329 not including protected NCB) as, although we had disclosed the modifications, the system for some reason “saw the ECU (Engine Control Unit) modification as cosmetic and didn’t take into account it’s affect on BHP”…..

This seems odd, as I have just run another quote, and ensured that I filled in to include the engine “chip” (raising the power from a puny 116bhp to a slightly less puny 131bhp, and only done to increase “pulling power” when towing a caravan) and this time it’s come back with £265.86

So, I now have three prices!!! £232.07, £265.86, and £343

The £343 one is frankly ridiculous, as even more mainstream insurers are coming back with sub £300 quotes. And the £14 difference between protected and non-protected is very high, as some insurers only charge £1 for this!

So, Flux won't be getting my business. Still means the hunt is on though to find something around £250 which takes into account the wheel and engine mods...

Posted 22 Feb 2012, 11:19 #6 

PaulT
THe other charge that can come from Brokers is if you need to change anything during the course of the insurance 'that will be £25 pleae'.

Yve retired last year and we moved to sunny Lincolnshire. Her broker wanted £25 for the change of address and £25 for the employment change - she protested and it was just £25 but with no reduction in premium.

My broker charged the £25 for the change of address BUT also refunded me on a pro rata rate the equivalent of £100 pa premium reduction.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 22 Feb 2012, 11:35 #7 

Dave
Pleased to say that in the end this has been sorted satisfactorily and all credit to Adrian Flux, as I have gone with after all

After getting an online quote from Adrian Flux that rose by around £100 when I phoned them, I had a moan and managed to get an even better quote than the original one, £225 exactly, to include X-Power upgrade, wheel change and EGR bypass (decided to mention the latter, and successfully argued that, along with the wheels, this should make no difference to performance and thus should not affect the premium). Also have protected NCB for this so am quite happy, especially seeing the figures some others are paying.

(NB: This figure is with the discount for being a member on here. Thanks to Tom Doy of Flux for sorting this)

Posted 28 Feb 2012, 09:54 #8 

Last edited by Dave on 01 Jun 2012, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.

kandyman
Great news Dave I'm glad it all worked out for the better on the end.

Posted 28 Feb 2012, 18:27 #9 

Arctic
(Trader)
I have in the last few days been talking to Flux about my insurance with which i have my two cars with and how much they have taken out of my bank account, what make me laugh is that if i/you pay over 10 months and you pay a deposit lets £100 and it leaves you £300 to pay over the 10 months you are then charged 14% and this is also chage on you £100 deposit hows that work am still in talks with them i could not make the girl relise it was a deposit so why am i charge interest on it.

Oh thats how it works NO not with me how can you add 14% to my own £100 ?
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 01 Jun 2012, 00:27 #10 

persuer
Just had a quote and they want £1100 for a 2001 Rover 75 !!!!!! having a laugh me thinks. I think I will stick to my own.

Posted 07 Jun 2012, 04:11 #11