DMF Problems by action

action
Hi,
Hi have my 75 on the garage due to the DMF failure it clack like a tornado.
So my mechanic suggested to put mono-mass flywheel. What is your opinion?
I don't have found many feedback in the internet so I'm a bit divided.

Posted 16 Nov 2013, 15:10 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Assuming the DMF really does need to be replaced (quite rare for one to fail). I would not put a mono on it. There are reports of possible serious engine damage occurring.

Posted 16 Nov 2013, 15:42 #2 

action
Mick wrote:Assuming the DMF really does need to be replaced (quite rare for one to fail). I would not put a mono on it. There are reports of possible serious engine damage occurring.

It clacks very hard and it seems tat the engine will tear apart.

Posted 16 Nov 2013, 15:46 #3 

paul d
What makes your mechanic think the DMF has failed (very rare) (& there is a certain amount of pay allowed, exactly how much i cant remember, but it is quite a lot)

Have you total, partial clutch failure, judder on pull off or acceleration?

As in my own experience of "clacking" has been the crank pulley failing.

If the DMF has failed i also would not put a mono on as as Mick says there have been quite a few reports of more serious problems occuring after fitting them.

Regards

Paul

Posted 16 Nov 2013, 17:02 #4 

action
paul d wrote:What makes your mechanic think the DMF has failed (very rare) (& there is a certain amount of pay allowed, exactly how much i cant remember, but it is quite a lot)

Have you total, partial clutch failure, judder on pull off or acceleration?

As in my own experience of "clacking" has been the crank pulley failing.

If the DMF has failed i also would not put a mono on as as Mick says there have been quite a few reports of more serious problems occuring after fitting them.

Regards

Paul

A lot of judder on pull off and bit when changing down. when changing up and accelerating all is fine

Regards
Adriano

Posted 16 Nov 2013, 17:17 #5 

Tootall
I get a little judder on pull off when engine is cold, i think mine is due to lower engine mounting on its way out.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 16 Nov 2013, 17:54 #6