Disappointing.... by Zeb

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Zeb
Brown and Gammons...

Ordered a new set of locking wheel nuts for £18.50 + VAT on 27th Feb. A week later I had received nothing nor had any emails explaining any problem, so I chased them...

This is the reply I got:

Hi,
Sorry for the delay,
The kit you required was not in stock. We have now ordered this in for you which is now on my desk. But the price has now increased to £23.38+vat.
Please let me know if this is ok with you. If this is ok I will require you to place the order again or please give me a call. I will ensure the part goes out when the order is placed.

I have responded to them:

Hi
With all due respect I ordered this part in good faith at the price of £18.50 +VAT and postage. I received no notification that the item was not in stock at the time and have had to chase this order to establish what has happened to it. To cap it all you now tell me that in the space of a week you have increased the price by 20+%?

I would appreciate it if you would fulfill my order at the price stated when the contract was entered into; as I have no intention of re-ordering at the higher price.

To which I got this:

Hi,
I can only apologise for the delay on coming back to you reference the part not in stock. There seems to have been ‘crossed wires’ here in the office.

With respect to the price increase, there is no contract as such when ordering the part and there is no indication on whether a part is in stock or not. Thus meaning, if the part is not in stock the price is subject to change upon re-ordering. I’m sure you can understand that if the part is not in stock, we have no control over what the price will be when we ourselves come to order the part in again.

It would appear that they are covered by their terms and conditions as regards price increases......nevertheless, disappointing behaviour from a dealer...

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 13:43 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Unfortunately they are correct, as far as I understand no contract exists until the point of exchange of goods and cash. All resellers terms and conditions will state price can change without prior notice. (regardless of stock positions) It is then up to you whether to continue.
Having said that, in not keeping you informed of the state of play, they may have made a goodwill gesture but have chosen not to.

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 14:10 #2 

Zeb
Yep, that looks to be so.... :(

Still need to get a set too... :hissyfit:

But not from them...on principle. :roll:

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 14:13 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Which ones are you after? Happy to have a look for you.
It's a great shame that Nitrousgear ceased trading as their lockers were very high quality.

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 14:22 #4 

Tourerfogey
Mmm seems a bit rich - but in law an advertised price is nothing more than an 'invitation to trade'.

I've actually done away with the somewhat soft locking wheel nuts supplied by Rover and just fitted five ordinary studs to each of my wheels. Now I've said this on an open forum I suppose some buggar will be round to nick my alloys :?

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 14:38 #5 

JohnDotCom
Can you put some new rubber on them before I send the boys round Fogey? ImageImage
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 19:18 #6 

Tourerfogey
Hmmphhh. ;)

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 19:47 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I bought this type from Nitrousgear a few years ago, very happy with them. Do phone the company Lark Speed unless you know size and offset already. I could go and find the original box in the garage, I know exactly where it is but it is dark and cold.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GRAYSTON-LOCKING- ... 1541wt_907

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 19:55 #8 

Zeb
Mick wrote:I bought this type from Nitrousgear a few years ago, very happy with them. Do phone the company Lark Speed unless you know size and offset already. I could go and find the original box in the garage, I know exactly where it is but it is dark and cold.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GRAYSTON-LOCKING- ... 1541wt_907

Cheers Mick...but I am after these...

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-XPT000175ACA

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 22:11 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Correct locker detail for ZT and ZTT. 14m x 1.5, 60'

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 22:16 #10 

Zeb
Update: les at SMC is giving me a complimentary set of the correct wheel bolts having read my thread. :D
Always found Les to be an absolute gentleman in my dealings with him and once again I owe him my grateful thanks. Cheers Les. :thumbsup:

Posted 09 Mar 2011, 19:58 #11 

JohnDotCom
Why does that response from Les not surprise me?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 09 Mar 2011, 22:52 #12