dipped beam headlight & bulb failure light on by coogie

coogie
Hi Im a newbie on here,

Had Rovers all my life and have 2 75's..
Ive just bought a 2004 75 tourer and the dipped headlamp has failed (bulb fail on dash), however ive tried 2 new bulbs and neither are working. i dont imagine its a fuse as i cant fine one per side.
Ive searched the tech help but not found this problem anywhere on here?

Hope someone has an idea how to fix/diagnose?
Cheers
Mark

Posted 22 Feb 2017, 18:05 #1 

Trebor
Have the new bulbs you have tried blown or are they just not working ?

Which side is it , on the passenger side the loom can be known to have chaffed wires so you need to inspect it but it's not easy to get at unless you take the bumper off.

If you have a test meter you can pull the plug off the light and test for 12v to find if one of the terminals has no power to it.

I will look on Rave for the wire colours and post back
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 23 Feb 2017, 20:50 #2 

Colvert
I had a similar problem and so have others. In most cases in turned out to be slight corrosion on the pins in the light switch module.

Where you turn your lights on and off. Very easy to get out and to remove the connector to get at and clean the pins. I sprayed mine with WD 40 a couple of years ago and have had no trouble since.

Posted 23 Feb 2017, 21:01 #3 

Trebor
If you do need the dipped beam wiring colours its blue/black for the right hand and blue/pink on the left
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 23 Feb 2017, 21:07 #4 

PaulT
The wiring to the headlamp can rub on a raised seam on the chassis leg which shorts out the cable and gives the warning light. If that is the case then it is a bumper off, headlight out and repair the wiring - I have a spare T Shirt if you need it.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 23 Feb 2017, 22:23 #5 

coogie
Many thanks for this help, its offside and i have no feed to the plug, so i guess its the bumper off as the wires are chaffed...

Cheers guys, might need the T shirt if its XXL lol

Mark

Posted 26 Feb 2017, 22:48 #6 

Colvert
coogie wrote:Many thanks for this help, its offside and i have no feed to the plug, so i guess its the bumper off as the wires are chaffed...

Cheers guys, might need the T shirt if its XXL lol

Mark

Let us know how you get on.

No power could still be the light switch. ( Unless you can SEE some chaffed wires. )

Posted 27 Feb 2017, 21:08 #7