Diet progress. by Bernard

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bernard
Well, the diet's progressing nicely, about 7 lb lost in 10 days. 8-)

Mostly achieved by abstinence from alcohol. :cry:

It's a shame that all the hard work will be undone next weekend.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 16:36 #1 

Duncan
Ah. I think I've found it, largely as a result of beer.

Seriously, well done. It takes willpower, which I don't have.

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 17:26 #2 

Bernard
It's when you are confronted with the alternative, seriously concentrates the mind.

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 18:07 #3 

kandyman
Well done on losing the pounds, it's something I keep saying I'm going to do but never do :(

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 18:22 #4 

Tourerfogey
Well done - it isn't easy.

A couple of years ago I lost nearly 3 stone and felt so much better for it . . . but I've since put it all back on and feel crap again now :(

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 20:00 #5 

Bernard
Crikey, that's a lot of weight to lose.
I need to get down to 14 st, another 15 lb to go.
I wasn't too bad until I stopped work earlier this year, now the medics don't like it and have gently warned me. Anyway, the strain on my knees is something I could live without.

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 20:26 #6 

JohnDotCom
Very well done, don't loose it to fast as often will then just return very quickly when you stop.
Loose little and often acouplee of pounds a week is recommended by many dietitians in hospital.

I've lost just under two stone (shirts now look very big on me) but I did put on several stone when layed up in bed on my back.....only another 6st 3 lb to loose! :-o
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Jul 2011, 17:01 #7 

raistlin
When I asked my doctor how much weight I had to lose he quoted in Lb, Kg... and fractions of a ton ;)

I've lost over 2.5 stone though :) Still a long way to go but encouraging.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Jul 2011, 17:41 #8 

Tourerfogey
OK then Paul and Bernard - what combination of diet/exercise are you using to shed the pounds?

Posted 10 Jul 2011, 22:11 #9 

JohnDotCom
Don't know if it would help you but I now take in max of 2000 calories a day, about 200g Carborhydrates, as lo fat as possible, with use of wholemeal seeded bread and rice, weetabix, pasta, jacket potatoes, salads and fat free yogurts. Plenty of water/fluids as long as sugar free, fruit/melon etc in moderation
Mainly White meat and some steak.

Exercise is swimming about 250 metres everyday front crawl, exercise bike for 10 minutes on high resistance and using stairs instead of lifts.

Most GP surgeries will do a MOT and a nurse can monitor your weight each month give diet info and if needed a drug called Xenical which gets rid of 50% of fat intake. All cheaper than a slimming club.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Jul 2011, 22:33 #10 

raistlin
Tourerfogey wrote:OK then Paul and Bernard - what combination of diet/exercise are you using to shed the pounds?

30 minutes aerobic exercise on my treadmill 5 days per week. 75 - 80% Max Heart Rate.

General reduction in portion size. I still like a portion... just not as big... oo err ;)

Now taking Exenatide injections for diabetes - that helps as appetite suppressant.

BTW... I'm NOT on a diet. I'm just eating less :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 05:55 #11 

Bernard
Oooh! None of that nasty exercise for me. :shock:

Just calorie control and lay off the booze, cakes and sweeties, not too horrific really but I don't have to lose a vast amount.

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 09:53 #12 

JohnDotCom
Bernard wrote:Oooh! None of that nasty exercise for me. :shock:

Just calorie control and lay off the booze, cakes and sweeties, not too horrific really but I don't have to lose a vast amount.

Your very lucky. ;)
John

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 11:40 #13 

Bernard
Lucky until around 4pm which is coming up to G&T time.
Or 11 am on Sunday for Buck's Fizz or maybe just the fizz part. ;)

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 12:41 #14 

zojosc
I have a mate that has been told by his doctor to eat six meals a day as his body burns it up so quickly.He has a 28"waist and drinks like a fish.........makes ya bloody sick!! :hissyfit:
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 12:46 #15 

Bernard
Yeah, it's not fair, my mother-in-law was like that, same dress size from aged 18 to 92 and she ate and drank everything.

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 12:56 #16 

Tourerfogey
Bernard wrote:Yeah, it's not fair, my mother-in-law was like that, same dress size from aged 18 to 92 and she ate and drank everything.

Maybe, but was it a size 26? ;)

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 14:08 #17 

Tourerfogey
I admire those of you who can do the exercise - just thinking about it exhausts me.

When I did lose weight I was using the 'Weighwatchers' system - obviously (being me) I didn't go to any of the meetings or anything silly like that, just bought the points counter on eBay and used that. I suppose that's the route I will have to take this time as well. :(

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 14:11 #18 

James.uk
I'm not overweight but could be.. I think it's like giving up smoking, when you feel hungry (or want a fag) go find something to do. :)

And avoid all TV progs that are food related!!!

Finally, good luck to you all, you are adding years to your life, and making those years more enjoyable.. :D

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 17:54 #19 

Arctic
(Trader)
[quote="JohnDotCom"]Don't know if it would help you but I now take in max of 2000 calories a day, about 200g Carborhydrates, as lo fat as possible, with use of wholemeal seeded bread and rice, weetabix, pasta, jacket potatoes, salads and fat free yogurts. Plenty of water/fluids as long as sugar free, fruit/melon etc in moderation

Exercise is swimming about 250 metres everyday front crawl, exercise bike for 10 minutes on high resistance and using stairs instead of lifts.

Hi John.
All of the above will hold weight on you as they are like sponges and hold water in your body and make you swell up, bloated if you can cut out the pasta,bread, jacket pots,rice and weetabix yogurts are full of sugar,so is fruit.
If you have to eat bread try to find some yeast free, irish soda bread is nice, but only have two slices a day, pleanty of fish Tuna,salmon,pleanty of salad,toms lettice varierty mixed,spinich,peppers red are better more vitimin C in them, celery burns fat,garlic clove,cut down the colestrol,breast of chicken no skin, fisn cod hadock,trout, all with no batter or bread crumbs,at least two ltrs water a day, no coffee or tea it suppresses your metabolism, also try taken these Allimax power plus helps maintain an healthy digestive system. and try two spoonof this in water about 30 mins before you eat your main meal Regucol, holland & barrett for both, and do not eat after 730am. do this for two weeks and see how much more energy you have and aslo lose weight.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 20 Jul 2011, 22:24 #20