Diesel Engine and Automatic Gearbox by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
Evening Gents,

Not long ago we purchased a car with a broken auto box, sold to us on the word that apart from the box, the car was fine.

Turns out after a day with BigRuss, much trawling through the car and the history that infact the engine isn't great either, and some further investigation brings us to the conclusion that the quickest and easiest way of getting the car back on the road is to swap the whole lot.

Ideally looking for something that is already in a car that we can listen to, both the box and engine being from the same car. Mileage wise, nothing above 115k ideally.

Cheers.

Jake

Posted 25 Sep 2011, 00:26 #1 

Zeb
Ouch! Sorry to hear that Jake! :(
We still on for Monday?

Posted 25 Sep 2011, 08:01 #2 

RichardGarner
That's some bad news, as you say probably the easiest option though.
I hope you get it sorted soon, a nice car like that deserves to be on the road.

Posted 25 Sep 2011, 21:16 #3 

JakeWilson
Thanks all,

It just would have been nice if someone had been honest with us to start with so we knew what we were dealing with.

If anyone finds anything we'd be mighty grateful.

Jake

Posted 25 Sep 2011, 22:28 #4 

takestock
JakeWilson
Cheers Dave,

Budget is about £600, ideally looking for a complete engine and box for that ammount - optimistic I know. :-(

Thanks again mate,

Jake

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 20:26 #6 

JohnDotCom
Try giving Corin (messenger) and Les (at SMC Trading) a ring.

Have a new Auto Gearbox but that cost £1200 + VAT, mine will need it soon with the 200K mileage, but all seems ok at the moment.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 20:53 #7 

JakeWilson
Thanks John,

I'm already still waiting for a number of parts from Corin, but have dropped Les a PM :-)

Jake

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 21:03 #8