Didn't enjoy that experience . . . by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
I was on the M27 this morning cruising along in the Rover Lane. A little way ahead of me in the Van lane was a car pulling a caravan. The car and caravan was then overtaken by a car in the BMW lane, causing it to snake and swerve into my Rover lane. I think the driver of the car and caravan combo must have panicked slightly because he headed straight for the hard shoulder (pedestrian lane?) by cutting across in front of the car in front of me (it wasn't a Rover so exactly what he was doing in my lane I don't know) causing him to brake harshly so I had to brake also. Fortunately I'd left a sensible distance between me and the car in front and the driver behind me had done the same, so, no real harm done! Can't say I enjoyed the experience though.

Posted 22 Oct 2010, 13:13 #1 

Duncan
The standard of driving seems to be taking a nosedive in the last few months. I don't envy you that experience, but at least if the worst had happened, you are well protected in a 75.

Posted 22 Oct 2010, 13:18 #2 

SpongeBob
The saying "You're not paranoid and they are out to get you" is very apt for today's roads... :panic:

Posted 22 Oct 2010, 14:08 #3 

Duncan
SpongeBob wrote:The saying "You're not paranoid and they are out to get you" is very apt for today's roads... :panic:

And just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you! (Not literally you, I am not casting nastursiums)

Posted 22 Oct 2010, 15:55 #4 

starbug2
SpongeBob wrote:The saying "You're not paranoid and they are out to get you" is very apt for today's roads... :panic:

true , as a professional driver i see much on the roads . :panic: :hissyfit: :confused: :censored: standards are not getting better .......

Posted 22 Oct 2010, 19:33 #5 

James.uk
People make mistakes, It's an everyday event, and with more cars coming onto the roads every day it will get worse. So be aware at all times.. Just try to make sure it's not you that makes the mistake... :shock: ;) :)

Posted 23 Oct 2010, 23:43 #6 

carlpenn
Road users nowadays, well a (dare I say growing) number of them, have no respect for other road users. Thats where the problem lies. Everyone is in a rush to get somewhere and lets be honest, some people couldnt care less for anything outside their own little world when driving. They just zoom along pushing their way through the traffic and showing no common sense (or courtesy) whatsoever.

Thats all I will say........... No rant here for me........:p
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 24 Oct 2010, 19:34 #7