dead powerfold reqiured please by raistlin

raistlin
In view of the increasing number of powerfold mirrors succumbing to the dreaded worm gear wear failure, I'm going to try and source suitable replacements at a reasonable cost.

In view of this, does anybody have a broken powerfold mirror , or preferably just the worm gear assembly that they can let me have please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 09:11 #1 

Bernard
raistlin wrote:In view of the increasing number of powerfold mirrors succumbing to the dreaded worm gear wear failure, I'm going to try and source suitable replacements at a reasonable cost.

In view of this, does anybody have a broken powerfold mirror , or preferably just the worm gear assembly that they can let me have please?

Yes, I have two of them.
I have just been to Wolverhampton for the weekend. :whump:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 12:00 #2 

Duncan
Bernard wrote:
raistlin wrote:In view of the increasing number of powerfold mirrors succumbing to the dreaded worm gear wear failure, I'm going to try and source suitable replacements at a reasonable cost.

Yes, I have two of them.

Yes, and were going to bring them (or it) .....

:gmc: :mrgreen:

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 12:30 #3 

Bernard
Duncan wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Yes, I have two of them.

Yes, and were going to bring them (or it) .....

:gmc: :mrgreen:

In my defence, the thread in question was left dangling a little...by a thread perhaps? :gmc:

I did intend to bring them anyway but put them in the wrong boot. Well, the cars do look the same in the dark and I am in a state of terminal bewilderment.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 13:12 #4 

raistlin
To resurrect this thread, I'm still looking for one of the chocolate worm gears so I can attempt to get it matched by local engineering people.

Anybody have a dead powerfold and would care to let me have the offending worm gear please?
Paul

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 20:55 #5 

takestock
PM me your address again Paul, I have a passenger side that folds in OK but just makes a nice grinding sound when it tries to open, i will bob the complete mirror in the post when i get a min. :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 21:21 #6 

raistlin
Cheers Dave. PM en route :)
Paul

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 22:35 #7