Dan from Adrian Flux by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX (Page 1 of 2)

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
Hi everyone.
Just a short introduction. I’m Daniel. I’ve worked for Adrian Flux Insurance for nearly 20 years now.
If any of you guys on here have any general insurance queries or specific problems with Adrian Flux insurance please let me know. I can assure you I will be completely impartial despite being on the pay roll of Adrian Flux. If we have messed up I will acknowledge that and make efforts to get it corrected, if any of you do not understand an insurers viewpoint I will do my best to clearly explain it.
It could be problems ranging from simple paperwork issues to major claim disputes. With my years of experience I should be able to answer most queries immediately, if there are issues or a problem that I can’t answer directly I would ensure that a relevant manager investigates these and I would then be able to relay an answer back.
I hope this will be of some helps for you.
Thanks very much.

Daniel

Adrian Flux Insurance Group

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 08:14 #1 

Tazman3
Welcome Daniel, Good to have you onboard

Martin

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 10:07 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks Dan, welcome to our new home.
Nice to know that the level of support from AF is top notch. :)

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 10:30 #3 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
Thanks for your welcomes, I look forward to helping where ever possible.

Dan.

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 10:32 #4 

PaulT
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:Thanks for your welcomes, I look forward to helping where ever possible.

Dan.

And in case people have not noticed your car, you seem to be 'one of us'.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 11:41 #5 

takestock
PaulT wrote:
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:Thanks for your welcomes, I look forward to helping where ever possible.

Dan.

And in case people have not noticed your car, you seem to be 'one of us'.

Wonder who he is insured with :D :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 19:52 #6 

starbug2
this got a plug on face book :cheers: sounds good and he has a 75 :clap: so a good start :thumbsup:

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 20:00 #7 

bigmark
Hi Dan

just one thing, i had my rover 75 insured with adrian flux for 5 years and was paying £364 full comp then when it due in may i was quoted £795 full comp and when i did a serch and got it down to £404 adrian flux could not beat it and didnt even try to, yet every year before that you could beat other quotes?

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 23:23 #8 

starbug2
bigmark wrote:Hi Dan

just one thing, i had my rover 75 insured with adrian flux for 5 years and was paying £364 full comp then when it due in may i was quoted £795 full comp and when i did a serch and got it down to £404 adrian flux could not beat it and didnt even try to, yet every year before that you could beat other quotes?

that is the big question , will they be competitive and give good service . for now i'll give them time to show how they will preform and wait and see if they give good service etc to our club , i'm sure our fellow members will check them out and report what they find , as for me my insurance is not due till feb ..... but maybe the wife may get a car in the next year .........

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 08:38 #9 

PaulT
starbug2 wrote:

that is the big question , will they be competitive and give good service . for now i'll give them time to show how they will preform and wait and see if they give good service etc to our club , i'm sure our fellow members will check them out and report what they find , as for me my insurance is not due till feb ..... but maybe the wife may get a car in the next year .........

Well, they have been around for quite a number of years - they have been active in the Classic Car area
Paul

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 13:22 #10 

Mick
(Site Admin)
As with any insurance broker it is suck it and see. So many factors taken into account when offering insurance / offering a quote. In some circumstances they will beat other quotes , in some they cannot. Doesn't mean it's not worth asking in the first instance. :) Or indeed complaining if the can't meet or beat others. Nature of the insurance game as I'm sure you are all aware. :)

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 13:48 #11 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)

Hi,

If you would like me to look into it for you please PM me your Name and Postcode and i will try and get some answers for you. It could be that the Insurer you were with was not quoting any more so you were quoted on the next Quote, But without the details I cannot say for certain.

Regards,
Dan.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 07:52 #12 

Ragman
Welcome along

One thing I am interested to get a better understanding of is why, in the case of an accident, do the majority of insurers have the words 'write off' on their lips before owners have finished stating that the car involved is an MG? This leads to two follow on questions

What, in general, is the policy on using second hand parts in a repair process?
What, again in general, is the process for buying back and repairing yourself?

As my insurance is due soon so may well give AF a call re my ZT260.

Thanks in advance,

Colin

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 07:56 #13 

PaulT
In addition to Ragmans questions when and how does a car move from 'car' classification to 'classic car' classification and the agreed value category?
Paul

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 12:24 #14 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
Ragman wrote:Welcome along

One thing I am interested to get a better understanding of is why, in the case of an accident, do the majority of insurers have the words 'write off' on their lips before owners have finished stating that the car involved is an MG? This leads to two follow on questions

What, in general, is the policy on using second hand parts in a repair process?
What, again in general, is the process for buying back and repairing yourself?

As my insurance is due soon so may well give AF a call re my ZT260.

Thanks in advance,

Colin

Insurers will not authorise the use of 2nd hand parts. As they have to guarantee the work, new parts have to be used. They can possibly look into a cash in lieu settlement in the event of a claim but it would be down to the individual insurer.

If the vehicle is a "write-off" and the client wants to buy it back, it would depend on the category. If it is a category C or D, the insurers will consider allowing the customer to retain the vehicle. It is recommended to request a home inspection to ensure there are no recovery or storage charges. Then the insurer will make an offer for the market value and deduct the excess plus an amount for the salvage value of the vehicle.

Regards,
Dan.

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 16:14 #15 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
PaulT wrote:In addition to Ragmans questions when and how does a car move from 'car' classification to 'classic car' classification and the agreed value category?

The "Classic" category for car insurance varies between the available insurers. Generally the car would have to be more than 10 years old, garaged, limited mileage and a 2nd vehicle. However, this is not always the case and as a result it is best to enquire even if the risk does not fit this criteria.

Regards,
Dan.

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 16:23 #16 

ianfletcher
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:

Hi,

If you would like me to look into it for you please PM me your Name and Postcode and i will try and get some answers for you. It could be that the Insurer you were with was not quoting any more so you were quoted on the next Quote, But without the details I cannot say for certain.

Regards,
Dan.

Could you also look into why i was quoted over £1300 from yourselves but was quoted £427 from another company. I had over 15 results out of 50 on moneysupermarket.com that came up alot cheaper than your quote.

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 21:07 #17 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
ianfletcher wrote:
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:

Hi,

Regards,
Dan.

Could you also look into why i was quoted over £1300 from yourselves but was quoted £427 from another company. I had over 15 results out of 50 on moneysupermarket.com that came up alot cheaper than your quote.

Hello,

If you would like to PM me your Name and Postcode I can locate the file and see if there is anything i can see, not a problem.
Although, we are a Broker we will not be competitive for everybody all of the time as we have to go by the Criteria that is set out by the Insurers but we will do all we can to get a lower price where possible.

Dan.

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 07:41 #18 

payner75t
in theory then my 1999 rover 75 could be quoted as a classic?? it is not my main car BUT i only have a drive . would your company quote for it as a classic??
the french have invaded my roverspace

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 20:09 #19 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
payner75t wrote:in theory then my 1999 rover 75 could be quoted as a classic?? it is not my main car BUT i only have a drive . would your company quote for it as a classic??

Hi,

If it is ok with you I shall arrange for a callback to yourself so we can discuss your options.

Dan.

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 08:44 #20