"d'oh!" moments.... by calibrax

• Related topics: (no related topics)

calibrax
You know the sort of thing. You're doing something and suddenly realise you're a complete and utter pillock.

A few weeks ago when my new 46" plasma telly arrived, I set it up and was impressed with it. I then spent a good 5 minutes checking for any dead pixels, then.... D'OH! you only get dead pixels on LCD screens, not plasma... :roll:

We all have those moments. Post yours below!
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 20:46 #1 

RRobson
stripped the cooling system to try and locate what i thought was a blockage, cleaned it through and rebuilt only to find it was the cap that was at fault after testing it on a rig once the car was re-assembled. :panic: :em:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 20:58 #2 

Duncan
So many, oh so many.

Checking out a keyless locking system on a car, and thinking the car wasn't locking properly. Till I realised I had the key in my pocket, so of course it was unlocking as soon as I touched the door handle.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 20:07 #3 

jonjon77
quite a few christmases ago l got the kids a garden slide with a bit they could climb on.it wasnt massive as the kids were 3 and 5.set about building it,got it done with no bits left over,stood back to admire my handy work only to notice it was a hell of a lot wider than the living room door :oops:

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 20:31 #4 

Last edited by jonjon77 on 07 Jun 2010, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

raistlin
Sentencing a defendant to a substantial prison sentence, slowly, and with all due gravitas, only to be informed that I'd actually sentenced his advocate, having mixed up the names :gmc:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 20:33 #5 

Ragman
raistlin wrote:Sentencing a defendant to a substantial prison sentence, slowly, and with all due gravitas, only to be informed that I'd actually sentenced his advocate, having mixed up the names :gmc:

Laughed so much nearly spilt my Guinness :ireland:

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 20:59 #6