Cyberlink Power Director 6 wont run now? by James.uk

James.uk
I had to replace my C/drive, and now having reloaded C-P/D 6 It opens, but then after a min or two, the dreaded "this programmer must close, send report etc" box comes up and I have to close it again!! :roll:

I am running WinXP pro SP3 .. (exactly the same O/S as before).. :)

I also changed the m/board to :- Asus EAH4350 SILENT (1GB). and added 4 GIG of ram.. :-|

Everything else seems to work.. :thumbsup:

I went to Cyberlink site, but as I didn't buy the programme from them they don't want to know! It was on the original PC I bought from a friend, complete with an install copy of it on the back-up drive..

Can anyone help please??

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 15:29 #1 

JohnDotCom
Some files may well not have copied across if you did a image burn.
The proper discs is generally the only way to go quite often.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 16:51 #2 

James.uk
Ellow John. :)

In this case the copy does work, coz I gave my mate a copy of my copy and his copy worked OK.. :)

Cyberlink Power Director 6 is a very good video editing programme if anyone is looking for one.. :thumbsup:

I'm orf to uninstall---reinstall it for the 5th time................. :roll:

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 18:02 #3 

James.uk
I have emailed Cyberlink again adding some serious grovelling ;) Not yet had a reply but will keep trying.. I am very trying innit... :lol:

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 13:32 #4 

James.uk
Had a reply from Cyberlink.. Did as they said.. it failed to solve the problem. :(

Sent another email telling them what happened... Got a reply with more idea's... Tried them all... They all failed! :roll:

Sent them another email.. And am waiting again.. :confused:

I fear they may be gone for quite some time.................................................................. :-|

Posted 25 Jul 2010, 02:00 #5 

James.uk
Have given up on Cyberlink. But have found someone who can get an updated CD of the prog for me.. ;)

Posted 28 Jul 2010, 00:11 #6