Cut my lawn for the last Time. by baggie9

baggie9
Had the lawn dug up and i've now got a lovely artifical lawn.I've given my neighbour my hover mower.

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 20:41 #1 

takestock
Saw some of the latest artificial lawn at the garden center recently, very impressive.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 20:48 #2 

baggie9
I've been realy pleased with it.My lawn as allways let my garden down, due to having a lassie dog.I have now trained her not to go to the toilet on the new lawn,allthough if she did it can be washed.My niece's young 18 mounth old lad loves it and because my mobility is getting worse it's one less job.

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 20:55 #3 

Bernard
Good idea. We did away with our lawn a couple of years ago. It's all gravel and bark covered raised beds now. A natural stone patio and a timber terrace at the higher level of the garden finishes it off nicely.
It means that we were able to leave it for over 6 weeks without needing attention while on holiday.
To me, as a hay-fever sufferer and idle old sod, cutting the lawn and weeding was a miserable chore.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 21:12 #4 

Tourerfogey
If you send me your address I'll put some artificial cat poop in the post to go with it ;)

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 21:24 #5 

Trebor
or mark a pitch out Baggie and we will be round for a game
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 21:26 #6 

baggie9
The best thing about it is no more stimming the edges.Does the strimmer drive anyone else mad? every couple of yards having to stop and sort the reel out and the noise they make.

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 21:31 #7 

James.uk
I covered my concrete yard with plastic grass (artificial is too hard to spell) it's brill. Now I can sit out back under the shade of my poshe umbrella fingy n feed my lil gold fish.. (whoops.. I mean coy carp) at my leisure.. It's great. :) .. and-- slugs get stuck tryin to cross it..Meals on wheels for the local birdies.. :)

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 21:46 #8 

baggie9
I should of said plastic ,i've spelled it wrong.

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 21:52 #9