Cruise control by BingleyThe75

• Related topics: (no related topics)

BingleyThe75
Is the cruise control gubbins specific to each engine? I've been looking for bits on ebay and I keep finding bits that are listed for the Kv6 and the CDTi but I can't find any bits for the 1.8. And would it depends on whether the 1.8 is a T or not? Also would love it if someone could help me fit it... :P At some point when I'm back on the road.
In a cold world, it's a warm place,
Where you know that you're supposed to be.

Posted 05 Jun 2013, 23:09 #1 

BingleyThe75
I know it's probably a daft question but I can't find the answer anywhere and it's really irritating me...

Posted 10 Jun 2013, 09:20 #2 

Bermudan 75
I believe that Cruise Control was only offered on the V6 and the CDTi, found this info on MGorg forum.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 10 Jun 2013, 10:04 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Conrad Anderson used to list CC for the 75 I don't recall whether the 1.8 was listed, however, the 75 is no longer on their web site. They do a universal kit but as it is universal it won't be an easy fit option. A degree of creative engineering will be required or pay them to do it for you.

http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/produc ... kits/ms-50

http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/articl ... ol#content

Posted 10 Jun 2013, 10:19 #4 

Duncan
Yes, The above are right. It was never available from the factory for the 1.8s.

The Conrad system used an extra set of buttons if I remember right, and didn't use ones on the steering wheel.

Posted 10 Jun 2013, 16:57 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
IIRC the Owners Club owner cobbled together a CC system for his 1.8, using a Conrad Anderson setup. A search on their site should throw up the topic.

Posted 10 Jun 2013, 17:21 #6 

BingleyThe75
Am sure I saw a 1.8T Connie SE Tourer in white gold on fleabay for sale with CC. It was up in Stockton at one of this trade car places for £1,500 or so.

Posted 12 Jun 2013, 09:56 #7 

BingleyThe75
Ah well, am sure I'll have another 75 at some point in the future with CC.

Posted 12 Jun 2013, 10:02 #8