Crashed computor and lost paswords. by baggie9

• Related topics: (no related topics)

baggie9
Hi ,last week my computor crashed and lost my passwords.Thanks for the quick responce.

Posted 29 Aug 2010, 21:14 #1 

hodgy
What kind of pass words have you lost, if they are internet based, you should be able to get them back via email. Computer one’s are a bit different.
Best Regards

Alan

Posted 29 Aug 2010, 22:16 #2 

baggie9
Hi hodgy,lost the password for this forum,very quick with a new password and the rover 75 and mgzt owners club still can't get that one.Ive also lost a lot of photo's.

Posted 29 Aug 2010, 22:42 #3 

MrB
How have you lost photo's??

Have you had to reformat the hard drive??

If not, they will still be on there somewhere. Just need to do a pic search of the entire hard drive.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 30 Aug 2010, 11:30 #4 

baggie9
Hi Mr B,my computor crashed through a virus,although we have got norten on.I was going to buy a new one,but my wife spent hours on it and through a restore to factory day one setting its up and running.

Posted 30 Aug 2010, 18:24 #5 

hodgy
MrB wrote:How have you lost photo's??

Have you had to reformat the hard drive??

If not, they will still be on there somewhere. Just need to do a pic search of the entire hard drive.

Chris

I agree with Chris, as long has you haven't formated. The photos should still be thier
Best Regards

Alan

Posted 30 Aug 2010, 20:17 #6 

MrB
baggie9 wrote:Hi Mr B,my computor crashed through a virus,although we have got norten on.I was going to buy a new one,but my wife spent hours on it and through a restore to factory day one setting its up and running.

Can sympathise with you there as I have just recovered mine from a particularly nasty attack of the viruses.

If you carry out a search of the C: drive, looking for just pics you should hopefully find them.

If that doesn't work there are free software that can find and recover it - I think there is one called "search and recover".

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 30 Aug 2010, 22:33 #7 

baggie9
Thanks for the reply Mr B,i'll ask my tech support (my wife) to look into it.

Posted 01 Sep 2010, 23:10 #8 

PaulT
Personally, I would steer well clear of Norton. Go for something like Kaspersky etc.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 02 Sep 2010, 14:15 #9