Crash sensors by bopperbrian

bopperbrian
I have two crash sensors for sale. The are part number Air Bag Side Impact Sensors YDB000310. They are the orange ones. I went to fit them and found mine are the green ones. I bought them on Ebay as used from a non accident vehicle. I paid £20 for them so I just want my money back.

Posted 16 Oct 2013, 13:02 #1 

Jupiter
I put a post on earlier today regarding Side Impact Sensors. ( Drivers Side ) Once I find out where to locate them and can check the colour and part number then, if they match, I am happy to buy them off you.

Jupiter

Posted 26 Oct 2013, 18:56 #2 

bopperbrian
OK Jupiter, They are located on the crossmember running under the front seats. You will have to remove the front seats and unplug the sensor connectors, having done this, you will have to lift the carpet. The trims strips along the door holding the carpet will need to be removed. The carpet cannot be lifted without removing all the trims and fittings so I found it easier to cut the carpet from under the seats by the handbrake housing across to the bottom of the piller by the seatbelt anchourage. Peel the carpet back from the cut and expose the crossmember. It seems that the Orange ones (The ones I have for sale) are located nearer the front of the car (down by the front side of the seat in the corner of the floor pan)and the green ones that are in mine are behind the seat bolted onto the crossmember.

Posted 28 Oct 2013, 10:53 #3 

Jupiter
Slightly more difficult that first anticipated !! But will get it started on Thursday as I do not need the use of the car after that. Will advise ASAP.

Many thanks

Jupiter

Posted 28 Oct 2013, 11:34 #4 

Jupiter
Got into the Crash Sensors and they are green, disappointed !! so went up to the local scrapyard and a 75 was sitting there with the seats out. Cut the carpet and - wow - the crash sensors were green ones, took them off and he charged me a fiver for the pair !!!!! It is now raining heavily so will try and fit them tomorrow. anyway Thanks for your help ( PS the car I got them off was also a 1999 model = same as mine )

Cheers Jupiter ( Drummond )

Posted 31 Oct 2013, 15:30 #5 

bopperbrian
I am pleased that you got the sensors and at a very good price too. I originally thought that all models had the same sensors and looking at the photo's on this forum I assumed they were all the orange ones so I ordered them at £15 from Ebay. Imagine how I felt when I discovered mine were the green ones.
At least you have it done. Mine are still here for £15 if anyone else is interested.

Posted 01 Nov 2013, 12:22 #6