Copying and pasting PDF files from I Pad by Trebor

Trebor
Does anybody know ( Mick ) whether it is possible to copy a pdf page from an i pad and paste it in another application, is there maybe an app that will do this ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 19:07 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Dunno. I'll have a look and see.

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 19:19 #2 

Trebor
Cheers Mick, have tried to search on the net but cant find the definitive answer, i think Adobe Acobat allows this on a PC but costs a fortune to buy, wondered if the I Pad has a magic formula or an app to download
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 19:24 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
PDF reader pro supports copy cut paste move and delete

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 19:27 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
That's the business one £6.99 not the £2.99

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 19:29 #5 

Trebor
So should that allow a pdf page to be copied and pasted into say a forum post Mick ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 19:36 #6 

Trebor
Just had a look Mick the ratings for this app are not good most people say its rubbish and doesnt do what it says on the tin
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 19:52 #7 

Mad-Monkey
I have acrobat if I can help Rob

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 19:56 #8 

Trebor
Adobe create PDF Business at £6.99 is the one i am looking at ?

Thanks for the offer David just trying to find a permanent solution for my i pad and wondered if there is an acrobat equivalent
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 20:09 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I don't know whether it is any good or not, just stating that it allegedly supports your request.
I was looking at itech developments PDF Reader Pro Edition for iPad version 5.2.6 not an Adobe product.

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 20:10 #10 

Trebor
Ok i will check that one out Mick thanks
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 20:15 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Strange, I can't find the one you quoted.

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 20:19 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The only adobe product on the Apple app store is the basic adobe reader. Which is why I can't find it, had to go to adobe.com
OK found it now, createpdf all one word, as you say some very bad reviews.

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 20:23 #13 

Trebor
I just put adobe in the app search and it came up with lots of other Adobe apps.

I have just e mailed the support on the app you found to make sure it will do what I want but feedback on earlier versions of this app prior to IOS 6 is excellent

Thanks for your help
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 20:28 #14 

al_dente
There are online converters if its any use?

You upload the PDF and they convert it to a different format. Might be useful if you just need the text and don't care about keeping the format.

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 13:13 #15 

Trebor
al_dente wrote:There are online converters if its any use?

You upload the PDF and they convert it to a different format. Might be useful if you just need the text and don't care about keeping the format.

Keeping the format is important, what i was really after is if say someone has a wiring question on the forum and i have the wiring diagram in PDF then it would be nice to be able to copy the PDF and paste it on the thread
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 14:23 #16 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Trebor wrote:
al_dente wrote:There are online converters if its any use?

Keeping the format is important, what i was really after is if say someone has a wiring question on the forum and i have the wiring diagram in PDF then it would be nice to be able to copy the PDF and paste it on the thread

On here you can use the forum uploader to upload a pdf document, no fuss, no bother. Perhaps if you are unable to do that elsewhere you can advise the person to register here and use this facility.

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 14:27 #17 

Trebor
Thx Mick, i had no reply from the app support btw !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 14:35 #18