Cookies by Mick

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mick
(Site Admin)
With all the current hoo-hah regarding cookies, below is set out what cookies do for your user experience on the forum. As we are not selling goods or services, neither are we tracking your personal information by forum usage. It appears that it may not necessary for us to comply with the proposed legislation. However.....................

Our website, along with most other major websites, use ‘Cookies’. 'Cookies’ are pieces of information that a website transfers to the cookie file on your computer's hard disk. ‘Cookies’ enable users to navigate around websites and give the best user experience for visitors who have accessed the site. Without ‘Cookies’ enabled we cannot guarantee that the website and your experience whilst visiting are as we intended it to be.

Session cookies:-
These are temporary cookies, which only exist in the period you access the forum (or more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing the site) Session cookies help the forum software remember where you have been and what you chose to do.

Persistent cookies:-
Invoked when you select remember me at login. These cookies remain in your browser, holding the username and identification number, the password is held securely in the database, not stored in a cookie on your device.

No personal information is stored through the use of persistent cookies other than user name and identification number.
You can disable cookies in your web browser preferences but you will find that this and most other sites will not function correctly.

Posted 28 May 2012, 14:23 #1 

raistlin
Thanks for taking the trouble to let us know Mick. Some sites I visit haven't even bothered to find out what their responsibilities are.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 28 May 2012, 15:32 #2 

Duncan
I got excited when I saw cookies as the title. Oat and raisin are my favourite, so you can imagine my dissapointment......

:gmc:

Posted 28 May 2012, 19:33 #3 

zojosc
Most are probably too young but don't ask Andy Williams about "COOKIES".......come on some must remember!!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 28 May 2012, 19:50 #4 

Gate Keeper
Hi Mick. I have logged in from a friends PC and can log in OK. He has tried to register several times with his aol and hotmail. It comes back that his ISP is blacklisted and cannot complete the registration. Is there a way round this? Thanks

Posted 17 Jul 2012, 10:42 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Morning Phil, nothing to do with cookies, we run a software which checks IP addresses and email addresses against a database of known spammers. DNSBL. So his IP address is on that list, probably from previous misuse. If you email his details I can set up an account manually. webmaster@75ztcommunity.co.uk. I will just need his email address and preferred user name. Once set up I will email him his log on details and then when logged on he can make any changes in the user control panel.

Your friend might like to check his status on the most used blacklist. http://www.stopforumspam.com/search

Posted 17 Jul 2012, 10:56 #6 

Gate Keeper
Thanks for that it was kind of you to get back so quickly I will email you now ps we checked the spam sight and he isnt known on it

Posted 17 Jul 2012, 11:09 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
It's not the only one, there is a list of blacklists as long as your arm.

Posted 17 Jul 2012, 11:18 #8