Complete HK Set-Up (Tourer) by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
I've one complete HK kit available for the saloon and one tourer. Comes with complete set of speakers and tweeters, amp (brand new) and sub. You will need to make your own looms, however the connectors are readily available.

The tourer kit comes with the door and grille in grey.

I can provide amplifers for both Highline and non highline set up for the tourer if needed (the non highline amp is used but in perfect working order

£260 posted

PICTURES:

Posted 20 Apr 2012, 19:15 #1 

Last edited by JakeWilson on 02 Aug 2012, 14:12, edited 4 times in total.

yl51hfb
I posted a link to a site that sells the orginal loom connectors and I am happy to lend anybody the crimp tool for them.

Posted 20 Apr 2012, 19:26 #2 

RichardGarner
The one for the saloon might disappear from your garage :)

I just want to make sure everything works as it should though, before I consider doing anything else...

Posted 21 Apr 2012, 09:59 #3 

Duncan
yl51hfb wrote:I posted a link to a site that sells the orginal loom connectors and I am happy to lend anybody the crimp tool for them.

Yes, a useful link, thanks.

Posted 21 Apr 2012, 12:30 #4 

kandyman
Now if I had someone that could make the loom and fit everything I would of taken saloon one of you.

Posted 23 Apr 2012, 20:11 #5 

Duncan
Making a loom is a big job. Fitting would be doable at a Nano, though.

Mind you, if you have highline Nav then adding HK is much easier as you can modify the existing hiline loom. That is possible at a Nano, and we are planning to do one at the May meet.

Posted 23 Apr 2012, 21:23 #6 

kandyman
I already have a highline fitted, remember anyone wanting to make a loom would need need to make it 8 inches longer for my Limo ;)

Posted 23 Apr 2012, 21:33 #7 

Duncan
Yes, but with highline fitted you don't need to make a loom. The wires for the amp already go past where they need to be. So the new wiring is from the radio unit in the wheel well, to the amp underneath the nav unit. That plus a beefed up power supply from under the head unit in the dash, and the wires up to the sub.

New connectors available from Simtek for the amp, subwoofer connectors are generally more challenging but it can be done.

Posted 23 Apr 2012, 21:37 #8 

MN190
To make mine even easier to fit I modified the BM54 converter cable but you could use a telemute adapter to do the same.
This could be done off the car and was then just plugged back in.

Posted 23 Apr 2012, 22:26 #9 

JakeWilson
Tourer kit still available, very hard to come by - £260 posted.

Posted 02 Aug 2012, 14:13 #10 

Gate Keeper
Hi Jake. A big thanks to yourself and Lewis for fitting the BMW sat nav widescreen and BMW radio module yesterday. Although it took you 8 hours to fit, it works a treat. All I need now is the NAV 4 drive and I will be done. I ran the Garmin in tandem on the way back from your house and for most of the time, the voice navs were speaking pretty much of the time from the same page. Lewis mentioned that the old V6 unit had the phone connectors in place, even though it was never used. We had a lovely day out in your city and it was encouraging to see new building projects going ahead on the waterfront. It was a shame the city river launch's bow thrusters had packed in as we had been looking forward to a trip up the river. No problem :) A guitarist kept us company for the last hour. A nice end to the day.

Posted 08 Aug 2012, 13:42 #11